Pages

Thursday 13 April 2023

Bright magnolias

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Thursday, and time for another round of crafty Tic Tac Toe! The Tic Tac Toe challenge is proud to inspire you 8 different ways via our boards and Joanne has created a beauty for this week:
 

I've gone for the bottom row Floral/Embossing/Stitching to create a brightly coloured birthday card.
 

The magnolias were embossed onto a card panel using Altenew's Magnolia Ballerina embossing folder. I inked up the raised background part of the folder with blue ink before placing the panel inside it and running it through my Big Shot, The result was a nice bold background and from there I was able to colour the raised blossom and branches with alcohol markers.
 

I cropped the image down using one of the Greetery's Crimped Frame dies, then mounted it onto a slightly larger piece green of card, trimmed to size with a Stitched Rectangle die from Heffy Doodle. The sentiment was stamped in the corner before attaching to a darker green card base - part of an old Stampin' Up kit.

Right! It's your turn now :) Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and check out the amazing inspiration from the rest of the team. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us. Which row or column will you choose? Or will you opt for one of the diagonals? We can't wait to see what you create!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this embossed card up with Can You Handle The Pressure where there's an optional twist of Clouds. There isn't a cloud in my sky but you know very well that it's April and, as soon as you get your picnic out, there'll be a downpour!! I'm also playing along at Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge where Anything Goes; This is the first outing for this embossing folder so it's off to Darnell's NBUS Challenge I go - the place where we share our Never Before Used Schtuff!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm expecting guests this afternoon so this morning I took Eva out for a long walk round all the parks in my area - a bold move as the river flows through each of them. Eva was as good as gold though and heeded my 'Not There' commands like a proper grown up lady dog! Another problem reared its head however. When Eva was younger, she became very excited whenever I came in from doing the grocery shopping. I was touched by this and allowed her to carry in bits of shopping for me, rewarding her at the end with a treat. BIG MISTAKE!!
Everyone identifies this as: A bag of groceries


Eva identifies this as: A source of delicious treats
 
I don't normally take Eva for her big walk at this time but it soon became apparent that it is the time of day when everyone does their grocery shopping! I'm afraid Eva was keen to 'help' everyone with their bags and I needed a strong cup of tea when we arrived home!

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning Vicky,love your choice of colours

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very striking card. Love those vibrant colours and the pretty magnolia blossoms. Great way to use an embossing folder. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Vicky and the clever inking given a real look of dimension.

    Can identify with the shopping, especially carrots, leave a bog of them in reach or in this case on the floor as I stacked things in the fridge and gone - Daisy who would never touch anything not given was happily munching away. She's got dementia so forgiven, no questions asked.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bold EF you've used here as well as the fab colours. My white magnolia in the garden is looking a tad windswept and soggy this morning! Thanks for joining in at HLS Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vic this is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Can You Handle the Pressure
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG where it's all about birds, butterflies & blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Eva is a never-ending source of amusement for your readers, Vicky ... however, I can see where sometimes for you, it might take until after a cup of tea before you're amused! And you ~ you are a never-ending source of design creativity! Your blue embossed and painted flower is stunning! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very Beautiful card Vicky, love the blue background with the gorgeous magnolia. I also love the green layer. Sorry I've been awol, I hope to be more regular now. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CYHTP Embossing Folder Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous card and I love those colours very striking indeed.As for Eva I can just imagine her thinking she was going to get several treats and not knowing who to run to first !.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wondered how you achieved the bright blue with the pink - and now I know! Love this - colouring the embossed detail is so effective Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!Such a beautiful card.
    Thank you for joining our fun and sharing this wonderful card in our HLS Birthday gallery.
    BożenA DT HLS Birthday

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)