Pages

Saturday 22 April 2023

Room with a view

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Thank you to all of you that joined in with our last challenge at Addicted to CAS. We are always amazed at your creativity! Today there's another fun word prompt, this time chosen by moi!
 

I didn't have a clue what I was going to make when I chose this word but I was looking in my NBUS box the other day and found a Spellbinders window die that I had bought in a thrift shop on holiday a couple of years ago. Here's what I made with it:
 

It was the simplest card to make! I cut the window out of a snippet of white card and used the negative to trace the arch shape over a holiday advertisement in an old magazine. This was cut out with scissors and glued to the back of the window die.
 

I found a sentiment that fit the width of the window and stamped it in a blue ink that coordinated with the scene. The window was glued to a card base and finished with two enamel dots to represent the window handles. It was fun making this and thrifty too - might make a whole set of them!

But now it's your turn to use the word Window to create a clean and simple card. Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog where you will be blown away by the cards my team mates have made. When you're ready, you'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to upload your own creation. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with the Snippets Playground as these snippets were used:
 
 
I'm also joining in at Happy Little Stampers Dies challenge where Anything Goes and Less Is More where the challenge this week is Anything CAS Goes. I'm also sharing at Darnell's NBUS challenge where we showcase our Never Before Used Schtuff :)
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
We've had workmen in the garden this week andso I, once again displaying shocking cruelty to puppies, informed Eva that she was not allowed to play with them. She moped about, watching them wistfully through the French doors with her nose pressed against the glass. When she went out for her walks, she forgot about them instantly and bounced about cheerfully as usual, but on her return she resumed her persecuted demeanour. I was glad when they left!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. As always you pulled off a perfect CAS creation Vicky, even if you didn't know where your word would take you.

    But that's harsh with Eva this week where there are so many tit bits to be had from workmen and of course she knew that.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beautiful peaceful scene,so sad to read of the attitude of the workmen to animals

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! SO clever, creative and perfectly CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A "Simply" Wonderful card Vicky. I love the view from the window.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful elegant card and how clever are you using an old advert for your view and boy what a view ! Thank you so much Vicky for sharing this beauty with us at LIM.Eva should have her own blog and instagram she is hilarious !
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a very pretty CAS card Vicky and I love the arched shape of the window, and it opens too to reveal that wonderful backdrop. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky - lovely to see you in the Playground - I hopped over to your blog the other day as you'd been missing in action for a while. LOVE this card - very clever idea indeed! And SO fresh and CAS - perfick!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card Vicky, what a view to have from the window!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Less is More.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your picture window Vicky, such a clever idea, simply the best xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great view from a window. I've got several window dies! I need to enter this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely fantastic and stylish window card. Love all the little details.
    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Once you’ve finished playing on the swings, meet me and Di up in the Treehouse for a nice cup of tea! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. looks fab Vicky and what a cool idea to use a magazine advert-I thought you had sponged all that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow.. So beautiful..
    Thank you for joining us at HLS die challenge, stay safe and keep crafting..
    Swapna

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty. You really are the queen of CAS, Vicky! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Clever use of the magazine page! I love the scenery that the cool windows show! Thank you so much for joining us at the Happy Little Stampers Anything Goes with Dies challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I saw this on WAW and thought it was so pretty. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)