Pages

Thursday 27 April 2023

Happy Honeysuckle

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another Thursday of fabulous inspiration brought to you by the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! It's Elizabeth's turn to come up with the board for you and here it is:
 
 
I found myself drawn to the colour yellow in the middle of the board and decided to go diagonal from top left with Flowers/Yellow/Gems.
 

These striking flowers are created with a stencil from Uniko. I've used it once before HERE but was excited to use it as stylised honeysuckle this time! The stencil was positioned at different angles on a card panel, yellow ink sponged into it each time. I doodled stems from each flower head and added leaves using a MFT stencil. I added detail to the flowers and coloured in my leaves with coloured pencils.
 


The image was cut with a Spellbinders Hemstitch die and trimmed to size, and I sponged in a background using blue ink. One of Pinkfresh Studio's Perfect Sentiments was stamped in the corner and I finished with a sprinkling of gems before mounting the panel onto a yellow card base (a left over from an old Stampin' Up kit.)
 

Right - it's over to you! Which row or column or diagonal will you choose this week? Do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog to check out the amazing inspiration my team mates have come up with. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own creation with us. We always look forward to seeing what you have made :)

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Addicted to Stamps and More where it's the Any Occasion challenge; I'm also joining in with Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge where Anything Goes; AAA Birthday has a Layer It Up challenge - I've added a layered panel so that the background shows through my frame, the colouring uses layers of colour and the sentiment is layered over the flowers.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have been spending lots of time sprucing up the garden ready for my daughter's 'hen' party - a get together for her girlfriends to celebrate her upcoming marriage. It's a tiny little space but I've been tidying things up and reviewing the borders because I'd like everything to be looking its best. The garden has so many memories of friends and family as so many of the plants were given as gifts. There's a honeysuckle, given by a friend as a moving in present over 20 years ago. A beautiful scented rambling rose was another gift that has kept on giving, as well as a rose from my family to celebrate my 50th birthday. There are foxgloves that my youngest son brought home from the garden centre in a backpack on his bike because he knew I loved them; hydrangeas that remind me of a place we used to holiday at; many geraniums because I can never resist them; and a peony that rose from the dead long after I had despaired of it! No pictures because it has poured with rain all day... Where is the spring?!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. The gorgeous warm shades are beautiful Vicky,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again such a beautiful floral card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes ! This is SUCH a pretty card in happy colours. Great stencilling and doodling. Love the sentiment too!!!!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blending of colors in these beautiful flowers, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure why this only just popped up on my reading list as I see it was posted Friday. Another elegant stencil creation Vicky and the hemstitch die sets it really well.

    Gardens are special and all hold special memories with different plants, ours is the same. Nor sure when your Daughter's wedding is, our next one is Azaria in July, her sister is dealing with the Hen do and sounds like it's going to be punting on the Cam so I hope it warms up a bit soon.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was hoping you would know where spring was cos it definitely isn't here in Greece so will just have to look for it somewhere else. How wonderful your garden sounds with all of those beautiful memories in plain view and I wonder will you be planting something to remind you of your daughters wedding .As for your beautiful card I love the citruts tones and the beautiful stenciling.For some reasons it reminds me of marmalade! go figure.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning! Love how you've layered up that stencil. Thanks for playing at AAA Birthday, hope to see you join in with future challenges too. Stay safe and keep crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This turned out amazing! Great use of that stencil. Thanks for joining in at AAA Birthday and HLS Stencil

    ReplyDelete
  9. One beautiful card and the black sentiment looks just right with this sunny card. Your garden sounds wonderful and I and I am sure it will be perfect for your daughter's Hen party. My niece is getting married in June-so hunting for outfits-one already bought, but may need to try out a few more xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love everything about this card Vicky! You are a whizz with pencils - you really managed to bring your honeysuckle to life and I love that hemstitch diecut border too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is beautiful! Well done.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card, I love the "honeysuckle" stencilled flower, beautiful shading Vicky, and a lovely frame. Your garden sounds beautiful and the perfect place to hold a hen party.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)