Pages

Monday 22 May 2023

A gothic thank you

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I had time to make a quick card this morning (yay!) and decided to make a floral thank you card for my stash. As I rummaged through my floral stamp collection, I came across Happy Succulents by Uniko which, ironically, I bought to make sympathy cards as I thought the image was quite sombre. I've happied it up today but I think it's turned out to be the kind of thank you card I might send to a goth! What do you think?


I used Stampin' Up inks, sponging in a rough background with Pool Party and stamping the floral image in Shaded Spruce. The outline parts of the image were coloured with coloured pencils and I added detail with black and white markers.
 

The curvy sentiment is new to me and is called Tagged Elegance from the Greetery. When I'd finished the card, I thought the background sponging was a bit too similar to the colour of the image so I added a little soft shading behind the central flowers with a dark violet pencil. That gave it a bit more oomph!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at The Paper Players where Joanne has a CAS challenge going on and wants to see us use One Image Only on a card; I'm also playing along at Allsorts where it's the challenge's 14th birthday - wow, what a milestone! They're celebrating with champagne and prizes (ok, maybe not champagne) and the theme is Absolutely Anything Goes - including (I hope) gothic thank you cards! I'm also joining in at Stamping Sensations where the theme is Anything Stamped Goes with optional Add a Stencil.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
It's swimming season!! Not for me I hasten to add - we don't want to frighten the horses do we?! - but for Eva. In the photo below, she has been for a walk and a swim, returned home and eaten some Meaty Chunks to keep her strength up, and is now wondering, via the medium of a Paddington Bear Stare, whether there are any of those tasty chews going.
 

I had better add, in the interests of full disclosure, that swimming season in her first eight years was all year round. I realise that I am a rubbish dog trainer and that Eva is an excellent human trainer - a lowering thought.

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful beautifully coloured stamped image and background, Eva appears to be a very clever loving dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, this is so gorgeous! I love the sponged background and the beautiful floral swag. Your coloring is fabulous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to see you at Stamping Sensations May challenge, many thanks for joining in.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it’s a lovely card and your white highlights finish off the colouring perfectly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eva is so beautiful what a gorgeous lady and I don't blame her for not wanting to swim all year round with the way the UK weather is. As for your card i think it's beautiful for any occasion.Sophisticated and stylish just like it's creator.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, Vicky. Great colour combination and a lovely design. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty, Vicky! Love how you've colored these flowers and how they look against the inked background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bough of flowers across your card Vicky - Gothic-inspired or otherwise!! Perfect sentiment placement for a balanced design and such a lovely colour combo with the sponging behind too. Thanks for playing along with my CAS challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful and I love the sponging around the image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card!
    Thank you for celebrating Allsorts Birthday Party with us;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is just beautiful Vicky!! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)