Pages

Saturday 20 May 2023

Goodbye high flyer

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Saturday and time for another fun challenge at Addicted to CAS, brought to you this fortnight by  Ceal. Here's the code word she has chosen:
 

Very thought provoking! In our house we have the saying 'Free as a bird in the sky' so I made it the theme for this card. Perhaps it could be for someone who might be flying the nest or who might be leaving the workplace for greater things!


I started with a thick card base, sponging one corner with cloudy sky using a stencil made from one of Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border dies. To this background, I glued the words 'fly high' cut from coral card using The Greetery's Slim Alphabet Dies. There was a nice little space that I filled with the 'we'll miss you' sentiment from an old Clearly Besotted set. The swallow is an X Cut die. I cut him out of white card and coloured him with alcohol markers. 
 

Okay, so now it's your turn! My team mates have come up with some amazing cards using this code word, so do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog to check them out. We'd love to see your interpretation too! You can share your entry with us by using the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post on the challenge blog. Don't forget to keep your cards nice and clean and simple with plenty of white space!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge where Anything Die Cut Goes.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
All my human babies flew the nest a long time ago, although one has since returned which is nice :) My  fluffy baby will definitely not be leaving home as she lives the good life here! Sometimes I sense that she would prefer an extra meal or two a day and if I wouldn't mind diverting the river so that it runs through our garden for handy swims - oh and if I could just let her out onto the street in the mornings so that she could say hello to all the neighbours as they're getting reading for work/school, that would be good too. On the whole though, we're not such a bad family!

Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. That's a lovely card Vicky. Nice alpha dies - but bit tricky to stick down maybe?

    Have a lovely weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stylish and elegant as always Vicky.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would be fantastic to soar freely in the sky,a wonderful card Vicky,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic CAS card, love the subtle clouds for the background! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunner, love the colour combo Vicky, and the high skinny letters xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this card Vickie, it's beautiful and the message is so very lovely. You're a lucky Gal to have a lovely family, or is it just in the genes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super Vicky. Love the subtle clouds in the background-I always like how you use soft stencils in the background to add that touch of depth to CAS cards. Also placement of tiny sentiment-perfect x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)