Pages

Thursday 11 May 2023

Aged like fine wine

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome to another fun Thursday at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge :) I couldn't wait to get my teeth into this fabulous board dreamed up by Felicita:
 

Are you excited by all this inspiration?! I went for the top row Masculine/Die Cut/Beer or Drink to make a card for a wine lover's birthday.
 

I started by die cutting an arch shaped card base. I used the largest of The Greetery's nesting arches die set, positioning the die just off the edge of the fold. Next I stamped the vine leaves and grapes and coloured it with coloured pencils and added the sentiment in a very dark purple ink. The stamps I used came with a magazine that was a gift from my youngest son, bless him.
 
 
I used another of the arch dies to create a stencil and sponged inks into it to create a background for my image. Finally, I stamped a wine glass from Clearly Besotted's Raise a Glass and coloured it with pencils and a white acrylic paint pen.
 

Okay, now it's your turn! Which column or row will you choose this week? Or will you opt for one of the diagonals? Whichever you choose, do hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog and check out the inspiration from the rest of the team. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and can use it to link up your own creation. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge where Anything Goes using dies and Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge which must be birthday-themed; also at Addicted to Stamps and More where the challenge is to use Dies and/or Stencils; DD's Fresh Picked theme is all about fruit and definitely NOT about flowers so I'm linking up there too!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
The Hen Party is happening this weekend and the house, instead of being the serene, beautifully decorated backdrop I had envisaged, is a riot of lists, boxes of decorations and food preparations! Also can anyone please explain to me why, when there is a requirement to keep a house clean and tidy, menfolk (who will remain un-named) instantly feel a compulsion to pot up some plants in the kitchen because it's raining outside, or to find something in the back of a cupboard, taking all other items out and arranging them at random around the hall?!!

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. I think you need a glass of two of wine Vicky I can feel your frustration about the mess menfolk make and leave for someone else to clean up,especially when you have so much to do. A fantastic card

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that is a perfect card. LOVE the arched shape of it to match your Greetery dies. Coloured beautifully.

    Oh yes, I can explain about the menfolk to you . . . it’s their JOB to make a mess when you are busy . . . it’s their way of helping! Helping? Yes! Helping to test your resolve not to grab the nearest frying pan and knock them senseless in frustration. Congratulations - you passed!!!

    Have loads of fun at the hen party (and leave the frying pans alone!) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG you have just described my husbands action to a T especially when having a dinner party. Sounds like lots of excitement in your house for the coming days how wonderful. Your card is exquisite so delicately coloured and I love the shape.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a wine label for a wine bottle. Great job once again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your card Vicky, a clever design card and beautiful images, so beautifully shown off. I'm sure the Gals, didn't notice about things you didn't want them to see. I also guess they had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Vicky! Hope the party went off without much more stress! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous card Vicky, ...husbands just don't see mess at all do they lol ;) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous card Vicky! I love the shape of the design that fits perfectly and I am in awe as always at your pencil skills! I hope the hen party was fun, despite the best endeavours of the men folk to disrupt your orderly preparations - my only consolation is that if the two I live with are anything to go by, they are all the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a terrific image for such a beautiful birthday sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)