Pages

Monday 14 August 2023

Decorated pine

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Where do you store your Christmas cards that you make throughout the year? I use a box. It has been sadly empty for most of this year but I'm happy to say it's filling up nicely now! 
 

The stamp set I used on this card was from The Greetery's Banner and Bough stamp and stencil set. First I stamped two flowers in pink and covered them using masks I'd made using sticky notes. Then it was time to stamp the foliage: I used a paler green for the background leaves and a darker green for the pine branches and holly. I also sponged a little blue ink around the edges of the foliage but you can't see it in the photos very well.


The berries were added by hand with a red marker (I find it quicker than stamping them) and given 'shine' with a white acrylic paint pen and detail with a black fineliner. The sentiment is a favourite from WPlus9, stamped in two colours. Once that was done, I stamped the larger flower on a snippet of card, fussy cut it and popped it up on a dimensional pad. The final touch was a little 'snow' added with the paint marker.

CHALLENGES
I see that the Christmas challenge has come round at Addicted to Stamps and More so I'll link up there; I also used Jen's gorgeous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches; I'm also joining in with the Anything Goes option at Happy Little Stampers Christmas challenge; Jingle Belles are asking for Christmas cards featuring pine trees or branches so I'm also playing along there too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I remember the days when my OH went away and would return with some elegant chocolates or some other delicate little fancy. He was away in the north east this weekend and returned with a gift...
 
 
... a large smoked haddock from the North Shields Fish Quay! And what's more, I'm delighted!!

Sending hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Hee hee - glad to hear romance is not dead! Your other half clearly knows what you'd like best!

    Absolutely gorgeous festive make with your pretty stamps and stencils. You should be on commission for The Greetery!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pink flowers in these delightful clusters of holiday greenery! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just delightful! I love your greenery...they're all so festive and perfect for Christmas! How funny that you were happy about the fish, although I can say that the best fish I ever had was right off a little food truck along the water in Tobermory, Scotland. Freshly caught and freshly fried....deliciously mouthwatering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful mix of winter foliage and florals Vicky,love the layout on this beautiful Christmas card. I would have been delighted with the smoked haddock too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Christmas card. The pink flower with the traditional greenery really is such a great look! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty card. I love the pink in a holiday card. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is such a beautiful Christmas card! The greenery and the flowers are perfect! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a pretty holiday card! Love the holiday greenery! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous christmas card full of beautiful stamping and so love the placement on tis card and the little pink flower.I sadly don't make many Christmas cards as here in Greece people are not so interested in them so I usually just make a few rushed ones a few days before. What a romantic gift from your DH I'm not a big fish eater but I do like a smoked haddock which is something you dont see very often here.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card Vicky! Love the touches of pink and blue, and the detail you gave your berries. I have a few tins for my Xmas cards, and I love love love smoked haddock! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card, so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I use a box too - mine is empty! I really must get going!
    Such a pretty card Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your corners filled with greenery bouquets are so pretty, Vicky! Especially with the sweet pink flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. your masked blooms are perfection ... so glad you shared your pine boughs with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is fabulous and the tiny pink blooms unexpectedly eye-catching! As for the smoked haddock - well, must be true love!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A stunning card Vicky, love your take on the sketch. As for the smoked haddock? Hubby would love it, I can't eat it smoked for some reason, but I used to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ohhhhhhh wow, how incredbly lovely is this! Love the colors, love the stamps and a brilliant version of that sketch as well! So happy you could join our Christmas Tree fun at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)