Pages

Saturday 12 August 2023

A glimpse of autumn

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Saturday so it's time to inspire you to make a clean and simple card with just one word at Addicted to CAS! It was my turn to choose the code word this time and I've gone for something that enables you to keep going summer crazy, or think ahead to autumn if you adore those russety colours, OR get a head start on your festive cards with some winter foliage!! 
 

Yes, I think I've covered all bases here :D
 
I recently took delivery of an Altenew set called Wallpaper Art which I couldn't wait to ink up! It was the leaves that attracted me with their mix of outlines and solids - so dimensional! Here they are having their first outing:
 

I stamped the front leaf group in brown ink, coloured the outline leaves with yellow, green and rust coloured pencils, masked off the group and stamped the smaller solid leaves over the top in rust ink. When I took the mask away, the rust coloured leaves appeared to be behind the main group. So simple!
 

The sentiment is a favourite from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, stamped in brown ink, snipped out with scissors and mounted on dimensional pads.
 
I really hope this has inspired you to have a go! Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS blog where my team mates have plenty more inspiration for you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us. Don't forget to keep your creation clean and simple with plenty of clear space! We can't wait to see what you make! 

CHALLENGES
Since this is the first outing for this gorgeous stamp set, I'm sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge, the place for showcasing your Never Before Used Schtuff! I'm also joining in at Just Add Ink where the theme is Just Add Clean and Simple; also Color Dare 561 where I've chosen the bottom row Paprika/Shortbread/Mocha and have added in Honey Butter and Pine; I'm also playing at A Place to Start where Anything Goes with an optional twist of  Leaves or Trees. 
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Thank you so much for your lovely messages wishing Eva a speedy recovery. It's always such a worry when things go wrong with dogs' paws but I am pleased to report that Eva has suffered no set backs in her recovery from the fungal nail infection and...
 
 
... things are going on pretty much as normal!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. Love the warm autumnal colours and layout you used for the leaves, great pic of Eva enjoying her run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the depth of this design, Vicky! Beautiful colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning & beautifully bold Vicky! Love the colours and simplicity! Lovely to see you pop up in the Just add Ink gallery! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card Vicky. Absolutely awesome composition with the different elements. Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How very, very beautiful, I love how you have designed the card Vicky, gorgeous autumnal colours too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, no! I haven't been around and I'm sorry to hear Eva had a paw infection. So glad she is recovering apace, Vicky. Your card is so cleverly designed and incredibly beautiful! I've read how you did and scrolled up and back to get it through my head. It's a cool lesson in creating dimension! And the colors are perfect for fall! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous! Love the masked leaves along the side. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice summer card.Love the design and colour scheme. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month. Judy DT hereisaplacetostart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another stunning CAS card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card. Glad Eva is on the mend. Regine
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card. Fabulous colors and design. Thank you for joining us at A Place to Start this month.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A magnificent card with beautiful rich colours that give great dimension.So pleased to hear that Eva is on the mend. I do so hate when my doggies are unwell.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think this set was made for the colors you used - this is so very pretty! I love the simple elegance. Thank you for linking up to Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  14. CAS and a very pretty leaves arrangments... beautiful fall card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a CAS masterpiece - those sculpted leaves look great against the white background. Good to see Eva back on her feet running too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful CAS card! Makes me so ready for fall. Thank you for playing along with us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the bold colors & the simplicity. Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete

  18. How lovely! Thanks for stopping by A Place To Start !!

    lovies, =o) kel
    APTS DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning colours and masking to create such a beautiful elegant card. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare Challenge, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)