Pages

Thursday 28 September 2023

Autumn Mums

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Fancy a little Thursday crafting inspiration? How about 8 crafting suggestions? That's what you get at the Tic Tac Toe Challenge! Here's the fab new board dreamed up by Felicita this week:
 
 
 Some of you will dive straight in to the Halloween suggestions, but I thought I'd go for something a little less spooky!
 
 
I thought of a new way to use my SU Little Detail embossing folder! I embossed a panel with the folder, then cut a large label shape in the centre. The result is a little textured border at the top and bottom of the label with a space in the centre for a focal point...
 

... - in this case a Clearly Besotted crysanthemum coloured with alcohol markers and coloured pencils then fussy cut. I added an offset sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, stamped in dark brown ink, snipped out and popped up on dimensional pads. Finally, the card was finished with a few coordinating gems.

Right, now it's your turn! First, hop over to the Tic Tac Toe Challenge blog to check out the samples the rest of the team have made to inspire you; Second, choose a row, column or diagonal from the board; Third, create something gorgeous using the board ideas and share it with us using the Linky Tool at the bottom of the challenge post. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Can You Handle The Pressure where we must use embossing folders with an optional theme of Bees; The challenge at Little Red Wagon is to use at least three Layers - a massive challenge for me but as well as the card base I managed the die cut label, the fussy cut flower AND the sentiment! Try Stampin' On Tuesday #625 is challenging us to use old stamps and the crysanthemum stamp I used is so old I can find no trace of it online!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I am looking forward to becoming an Autumn Mum :) Last weekend I horrified my neighbours by announcing that I was having a baby and had to hastily explain that the baby in question was of the canine variety! I'm sure she's going to be a wonderful influence on Eva...

 
... or perhaps not!!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. A fabulous layered card,the embossing folder and stamped image are beautiful,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super looking “mum” card. I like the pretty embossing too.

    Aww - look at your new baby- shes a cutie pie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Vicky! And what fun, a sister for Eva - piccies please! Even more canine fun times ahead. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovey layered card, beautifully coloured, love the vibrant orange, and great idea with the EF. Can’t wait to see the new family member! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful Vicky, and a very clever way to use those small folders! Thanks for playing along with us at Can You Handle the Pressure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, your flower looks so real, great!!!
    And I'm happy for you and Eva, a new playmate, how great. We also ordered a little brother for Kaito from Kaito's breeder. We don't yet know whether there will be a baby dog for us in the next litter. We won't find out until the end of November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a beautiful design Vic ... love it!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH! I love the layered embossing shape Vicky, a perfect foil for the beautiful chrysanthemum. A gorgeous card. As for Eva, let's hope she doesn't get "baby fever". I believe it's the now saying for wanting babies?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vicky, what a beautiful card! I love that chrysanthemum flower and how you colored it!! Your use of the embossing folder and die together is inspired!!! Thank you for sharing your card and creative talents with us at Try Stampin' on Tuesday. -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card! Such wonderful colouring! Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a brilliant embossed label, Vicky! It's so elegant and perfect for showing off this beautiful bloom!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love a pop of color against a white background! Terrific card

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another super card here Vicky, aww what a cutie Eva is too ;) hugs Viv xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)