Pages

Wednesday 25 October 2023

The stars are brightly shining

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I thought I'd have heaps of time to craft now that I'm hunkering down with my golden girls and letting Lulu relax, feel safe and really learn about the life of a dog in our family. But it's like having a young pup again and we're doing lots of stress-busting walking, so I'm only crafting in short bursts! Today I managed to complete this simple Christmas card:
 

I found the starry sky paper pad in The Works about a month ago and thought it would make great Christmas card backgrounds. It's 6"x6" so I fell at the first hurdle as I'd selected a slimline card base! But I cut two short pieces the same width and joined them in the centre, mounting that on two vertical strips of fabulous gold washi tape that came in a prize I was lucky enough to win at ABC Christmas Challenge - thank you ladies!
 

To conceal the join, I cut a musical stave using The Greetery's Noted die set and, before attaching it to the card front, stamped the sentiments in Versamark and heat embossing them in gold. The 'Oh holy night' part is from Reverse Confetti's Greatest Gift of All, and the lovely curvy line from the song under the musical stave is from The Greetery's Sing a Song of Christmas. I finished the card with a little star punched out of gold foil card.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at ABC Christmas where V is for Vertical and U is for Use it Up - and I did use up a snippet of white card stock and a tiny piece of gold foil card! I'm also joining in with Rudolph Days, where each month on the 25th we make a festive card for the stash; and am choosing the Anything Goes option at Peace on Earth Christmas and Happy Little Stampers Christmas.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
No time to stay and chat as it's late and I'm off out into the real life starry night with two golden girls before bed!

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful background paper for your sentiments and musical stage diecut,love the simplicity of your card

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were very clever in designing the card.
    In Germany we always say: People can be stupid, they just have to know how to help themselves... *laugh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, Vicky. The stars were definitely aligned for the card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful Vic! LOVE your overall design ... perfect! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Peace On Earth challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty background and so cleverly joined for this slimline card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you put this together Vicky, a really lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design Thanks for sharing over at Peace on Earth Christmas and hope to see you in future challenges.
    Elaine DT

    KraftiKards (my blog)
    613 Avenue Create DT
    AAA Birthday DT
    Peace on Earth Christmas DT
    Simply Clean and Simple DT
    Love to Scrap DT
    Love to Craft DT
    Mix it up DT
    Merry Little Christmas DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooo absolutely perfect & I'm loving that fabby paper too, I'll check it ou next time, I'm at a Works - thanks for joining us at Rudolph Days Challenge this month, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love what you did with this paper!!! I really thought it was a hand created background. Thanks so much for playing with the HLS Christmas challenge Vicky!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)