Pages

Saturday 21 October 2023

Home is where the pusscat is!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's an Addicted to CAS kind of Saturday today but it is with some sadness that I have to tell you that because of personal commitments, our  challenge leader Kylie is stepping down and so the challenge will be closing after this fortnight. Kylie has given so much of her time and energy to the crafting community and we will really miss her. Vicki D has the honour of choosing the Code Words for the last challenge and we all hope that as many of you as possible will join in and show your support for Kylie:
 

A colour prompt is always fun isn't it! This one could work for your halloween makes or if, like me, you don't do halloween, it would make a lovely floral. I went a different way for my card, making a 'welcome home' card for my friend whose cat I look after sometimes.
 

It was a lot of fun making this card - a bit like playing with a dolls house! I used a Sugarpea set called Let's Stay Home, stamping and colouring the cat before covering with a sticky note mask, then the armchair getting the same treatment, then the other elements. After removing the masks, a little seating arrangement was revealed with a little black cat fast asleep on the armchair! I was able to cut the whole scene out with sharp paper snips.


For the background, I sponged a little purple ink into my Brick Wall stencil from Funky Fossil, then stamped a sentiment using Uniko's useful Everyday Spring Sentiments. To finish, I attached the furniture scene to the card front with sticky pads and added some clear gems.

Okay, so now it's your turn. My team mates have made some fabulous cards to inspire you, so do hop over to the Addicted to CAS blog to check those out. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation with us. Don't forget to keep your card nice and clean and simple with plenty of clear space - and have fun!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Crazy For Cats. The challenge this month (Anything Cat Goes or Meow-o-ween) is in loving memory of Janis and Sue, who both sadly passed away this year and are sadly missed.
 
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
It's a Lady Dora week this week! I will be attending Her Ladyship with my starched cap and pinny on, and hoping that I don't blunder with the presentation of her meals in case I'm dismissed without a character!


She is an exacting mistress (although sometimes she forgets herself and gets quite affectionate!!)

Sending hugs,

10 comments:

  1. A warm cosy scene Vicky,love the sleepy cat and your sentiment.Don't forget to curtsey to Lady Dora or you will be dismissed🙁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like a colour challenge as well Vicky, again you've created a lovely CAS card, even the pen matches.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I’m amazed how you worked that out so purrfectly with the masking! What a cozy scene for a warm welcome home. Good luck with Lady Dora! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of different elements to make this cosy scene, but it’s still CAS - you’re amazing. Shame the challenge is closing but sometimes life gets in the way.

    Good luck bowing & scraping to Lady Dora this week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous masking for a sweet scene! Good luck with Her Ladyship!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are so sweet and friendly when they sleep!!! You created a very enchanting scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absoluty sweet cat card😻💐☺️ lovely image , congrats
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cozy card you've made, Vicky. Lovely background, and sentiment as well
    Mariann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have created a warm and stunning scene for your card Vicky. It's beautiful. As for the cat, aren't they their own people?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)