Pages

Wednesday 18 October 2023

Hello Autumn

Hello, crafting friends!
 
There's nothing like a bit of glorious autumn sunshine, the leaves turning, and lots of my favourite challenges having autumn inspiration to galvanise me into some seasonal cardmaking! Here's a card that I can take very little credit for, but that I really enjoyed making:
 

Like many crafters, I get quite excited when my favourite stamp companies come out with new releases and show off their inspiration cards. I was delighted when I saw a gorgeous card at the Greetery using their new Elegant Entrance: Arches die and beautiful Wildwood stamps and knew that I could recreate the look using items I already have in my stash - a thrifted window die by Spellbinders and a floral from Mimosas by Avery Elle.
 

The first step was cutting the window from the front of my card base before cutting a honey coloured piece of card and glueing it to the inside of the card front. I stamped the floral, coloured it in gorgeous autumn colours with coloured pencils and cut it out with sharp paper snips. This was tucked into the window opening and glued in place, so that I could return the window die cut to the aperture.
 

I glued everything down securely then added an enamel dot to represent a window handle, and a beautiful flowing sentiment from The Greetery.
 
Here's the card I was CASEing today: 
 

You can find all the details HERE.

CHALLENGES
I'm entering this card at Stamping Sensations where the theme this month is Autumn Colours (or Anything Goes); I'm also playing along with Joanne's Signs of Autumn CAS challenge at the Paper Players;  It's Anything Goes at Retro Rubber - as long as you use stamps over a year old of course! Mimosas was released in 2017, the sentiment a year ago, and the die before the ark (possibly!); Beautiful Blossoms has a gorgeous mood board this month and I couldn't wait to join in there;

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
It really does feel as if Lulu has always been with us. I was planning on a nice quiet few months so that she could adapt to her new life, but one of my clients' owner has contracted covid and so we've had Cody, a handsome fox red lab, to stay this week. Lulu has taken it all in her stride!
 
Lulu (left) Eva (centre) and Cody (right)
 
Of course she has a very helpful big sister to show her the way! I have been so proud of Eva for the way she has accepted Lulu into the family - she seems to know that she is different to the dogs that come walking with us or staying over on holidays.

Sending hugs,

21 comments:

  1. Beautiful colours and layout,I'd love to look out a window like this. A wonderful pic of the dogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is more beautiful than the original! I love that window and your fall colors are so lovely! The sentiment fits into the window perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Greetery, they always have such nice products. Your card is lovely and so are your furbabies. It seems Cody is happy amongst his friends. Thanks for sharing with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops- I had the wrong DT hat on for last comment....I meant to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed Vicky and perfect for our Autumnal theme, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensations this month.

    The gang look to be having fun on their walk, we lost one of our senior girls yesterday, when a Lab stops eating you know theres a problem.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and gorgeous doggies, great picture! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. An absolutely awesome autumnal card! One of my favourites so far. You do such lovely creative things with The Greetery dies.

    Looks like you have your hands full with 3 dogs to look after! Glad Eva is being helpful xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, so beautiful and delicate card, congrats 😊💐 thankyou for playing at Retro Rubber, happy day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for you comment in my blog, happy day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, Vicky, what a beautiful design! Love this window layout - who wouldn't want that view?? Perfect coloring on your flowers, too! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous CAS card,love the design and beautiful flowers tucked behind the window.Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Carol DT x
    Animals can be very intuitive of each don't you find x x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous, Vicky! Love that bouquet of flowers flowing out of the window!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky, Your card is beautiful. I love the window and the gorgeous fall flowers. So glad you could join in the challenge this week at The Paper Players.

    ReplyDelete
  14. It looks wonderful how the flowers grow out of the window.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is such a clever design Vicky - I love the way the flowers are cascading out of the window. The warm yellow tones are so cosy for Autumn too and perfect for my challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great CASE love the autumnal feel to your card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Vicky, I love your card and I like it even better than the inspiration card! So well done...Thanks so much for joining us at The Beautiful Blossoms Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a stunning creation, special in it's own unique way Vicky. I love it. Oh! my gosh, you will be a dog home soon hahaha. They all look so happy together. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card for our challenge almost passes the sunshine and warmth through... Beautiful and a great way to use the Autumn colours this way! Thank you for joining us at Stamping Sensations!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for linking this beautiful creation to Beautiful Blossoms Challenge! XXO, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)