Pages

Saturday 14 October 2023

Thinking pink again

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Thank you to those of you who have cheered us on as we offered Lulu, our little golden retriever pal, a new home. She has been with us for five days now and from being quite nervous and unsettled has very quickly grasped the routine. This afternoon, we went for a long walk by the river, which has burst its banks providing pools designed for maximum puppy fun. So now I have two toweled-dry, happy girls with full tummies fast asleep on the sofas! And this of course means a little crafting fun while the going is good!

I thought I'd better add to the Christmas card stash!
 
 
Isn't it fun to try outside-the-box colours for festive cards :) For this card, I used a scrumptious pink plaid paper for the background, stamping a few pine branches on the card base before attaching it. I die cut some pine branches and fir trees from snippets of white card to layer on top, colouring the branches with ink and a sponge dauber first but leaving the trees uncoloured.
 
 
The sentiment is a lovely blocky one from Uniko, stamped in the same blue-green as the stamped pine branches. The larger tree is decorated with a generous helping of enamel dots and sequins for full festive shine!

CHALLENGES
It's wonderful to see Stephanie and Lauren at Jingle Belles donating to Breast Cancer Research Foundation again this year for every pink Christmas card linked up with their Pink Christmas challenge (ends in 4 days so you have plenty of time to add your own creation!); Diane and Darlene from DoubleD are supporting Breast Cancer awareness month with their Pink October challenge so I'm joining in there too as well as at Peace on Earth Christmas where the tree on their inspo board started me off; I used the fab sketch at TGIF so I'll link up with them too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have been walking Lulu for a long time now so when I heard that she was going to need a new home, I practically begged to be considered. I had fallen in love with her the very first day I walked her. She was nervous and when I spole to her she looked at me anxiously with her little round eyes, and when I took her to a safe place and let her romp wild and free, she almost couldn't believe it! 
 

 She and Eva get on so well and have lots of interests in common (long walks, swimming, getting wet and muddy, being groomed and cuddled, meaty chunk meals, bones for special treats, training games that involve cheese or meaty treats, naps on the sofas...) and Eva has seemed to understand that Lulu is not just a temporary boarder but a member of our family. I feel as if I've been given the most wonderful gift!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. A wonderful pink Christmas card Vicky,love the touch of green pine branches and the pink embellishments.Lulu is so lucky to join your family,wishing you many happy walks

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can't start making Christmas cards early enough and I also love using unusual colors. Looks great with the pink check pattern!!
    And I'm sure Eva is also very happy that Lulu is now part of your family. It's so nice to see you together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed that news Vicky, but it's so rewarding to give a home to a dog in need, our boy to entered the family last year fits in as though he's always been here. Your two look like they will get on fine. Pretty pink card as well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous 'pink' card, a beautiful design! Such beautiful pups too, I was blessed with two goldens in my life and now have our second goldendoodle Mack, I surely wish I still had them ALL!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Peace On Earth!
    Diane DD and POE Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH! So pretty and sparkly, love the non traditional colours on the card. As for Lulu, she must know she's loved and cared for. Lucky dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your new family member..sweet Lulu:-) The perfect fit for a forever companion for Eva too:-) Love your non-traditional pink and pretty Christmas card too, my friend. Love and Hugs..Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that pretty pink plaid, Vicky! The die cut trees are pretty special too, especially the one decorated with sequins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, so glad your new fur baby is settling in well. That’s great news.

    Love your pretty in pink Christmas card with its well-placed elements. Gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this card and how you put it together, pleeease May I case it 😃. I love how Lulu has settled in, bringing you all much joy, especially Eva 😍xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love non-traditional colors at Christmas... and indeed any time of year. So glad Lulu has settled so well xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!! what an amazing card, it's "simple" in the most elegant way possible! What a fabulous take on PINK CHRISTMAS at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that is indeed a scrumptious plaid ... so perfect for those pretty little trees ... so glad you went Pink for a Cure with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this - pink and white makes for a pretty Christmas card and you inspired me to have a go and use up some lovely pink and white snowflake paper I'd been hoarding too, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You have indeed been given the most wonderful gift. My LuLu die on June 15 and Wally on Sept. 18 -- both were Goldens and very dear to us. Our hearts were broken in the most painful way. Now we have Sophie because being without a Golden is not possible in my world. I will introduce Sophie on my blog tomorrow (Monday). I'm so glad your LuLu has found such a nice home with you and Eva.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)