Pages

Friday 17 November 2023

Misty Mountains

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I have taken over the coffee table and it is laden with Christmas crafting goodies! It just means I can dip in and make a card whenever I have a spare minute. This is my latest effort: 
 
 
This card happened because I had this beautiful 'Go tell it on the Mountain' sentiment from He is Born by Penny Black, and it occured to me to pair it with actual mountains!
 
 
First I masked off the edges of a white card panel with low tack tape ready to create the scene. I used purple ink to stamp the mountains from Stampin' Up's retired Snowfront, then covered them using a sticky note mask and sponged in a sky using a blend of blue and purple inks. There are lots of pine trees in the set and I used them to create a wooded area using second and third generation stamping to give a misty look.

 
Once the scene was complete, I stamped the sentiment in versamark ink and heat embossed with gold embossing powder. The panel was matted onto card was finished with my trusty Posca white acrylic paint pen which I used to add snow and ice to the scene.

CHALLENGES
Joanne's theme at As You See It is Christmas, the most wonderful time of the year. What makes it wonderful for me? It's the birth of Jesus, the most extraordinary event ever! I'm also linking this card up at Stamping Sensations where the theme is Getting Ready For Christmas.
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
My darling golden girls are getting on like a house on fire. Every morning, while I get up and get ready, they play a rousing game of Bring The Bison Down and Bitey Face together, and I love the way they take it in turns to be the Hunter and the Prey. When I'm ready, we go out on the fields together and romp about and chase the crows and have a good sniff in the hedges before returning to do some sensible training and have breakfast.
 
 
Here they are on the field this morning, tails up and as happy as the day is long! What a joy they are!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. You’ve created a beautifully scenic card here Vicky.

    Great picture of the golden girls too. Looks like they’re enjoying themselves xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls look so happy to be out expending lots of energy,a stunning card and verse

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Bitey face" is a popular game here as well, I often worry when a Terriers tiny head seems to disappear into a Labs mouth, but it always seems like great fun.

    Your card is beautiful in lovely soft blue and purple tones and a lovely sentiment as well, I am wondering why it's not in my vast PB collection, seems I slipped up there.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What at first appears a simple card is actually a small masterpiece in the way you've created a wonderful scene with just inks and stamps. It only appeared simple because it looked like you'd used printed paper at first glance! A great card, Vicky. Thank you for joining us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful combinations of stamps, it looks wonderful. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a beautiful creation love those misty mountains and the sentiment superb work and I absolutely adore your doggies
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I have to agree with Jan's comments Vicky. I really thought this was pattern paper and was admiring all of the sentiments on the card before I read how you made it. This is one spectacular card! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful dimension and a true misty look to these beautiful mountains, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just stunning Vicky! Another of those scenes that you are so adept as creating and your sentiments coordinate perfectly. Truly fabulous! Thanks for sharing with us over at As You See It this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card! As often happens, I learn lovely techniques as you describe your creative process. I'm also a Christ follower and was greatly blessed by your card and your comments.

    Just wanted to add that your blog posts not only feature lovely cards and sweet photos and tales of your beautiful dogs and their adventures, but there is a spiritual quality …. a sweet fragrance. This reminds me of 2 Corinthians 14

    “Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.”

    I always feel uplifted and peaceful after visiting your blog, Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing composition and colour, Vicky! I love the embossed sentiment over top of everything! Thanks for playing along at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and wonderful card Vicky, I love everything about it, gorgeous stamping and shading. Your girls look so happy together. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Vicky your card is very atmospheric and beautiful and what a lovely sentiment! Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card and definitely frame worthy it looks just like a painting and the Golden Girls look so beautiful too.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)