Pages

Friday 26 January 2024

A Spray of Carnations

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Today's card has been lying about on my desk all month! In early January, I had enthusiastically stamped some carnations on some snippets of white card and fussy cut them, but then came up blank on what to do with them. From time to time I'd pick them up and arrange them on a card base and then rearrange them, and then sigh and put them to one side. Can anyone relate?!
 

It's now nearly the end of January but here's the card in a state of completion! The carnations are from a retired Stampin' Up set (rather confusingly called Inspiring Iris.) To showcase them, I finally decided to stamp a Uniko background called Wonky Stripes onto a card base and colour the stripes with a variety of pink coloured pencils. On this background, the carnations were assembled into a curved spray and glued into place.
 

The card was finished with a favourite sentiment from another ancient SU set, stamped first with versamark and then dark red ink and heat embossed for a lovely shiny look. I also added a pink bow, cut out of a snippet of pink card with a die from MFT's Birthday Cocktail die set.
 

CHALLENGES
I'm linking up with Stamping Sensations, the challenge that had got me stamping carnations in the first place! There's a mood board featuring them and I took my pink and red colour palette from the board too. I'm also skipping over to play at The Snippets Playground as plenty of white and pink card off cuts were used in this creation.
AND IN OTHER NEWS
One of the joys of having two dogs is that it changes the dynamic with the other dogs you meet. Eva loves other dogs but is not very confident around bold dogs, especially now she's an older girl. Lulu on the other hand IS a bold dog!! On our walks we sometimes meet a lady with a large boxer called Boris. He is playful but rather pushy around Eva who stays close to me when he's around. He was out on the fields this morning and Lulu, noting his behaviour, told him off for leering at Eva and then proceeded to flirt outrageously with him herself! I love her boldness: when other dogs try to establish their superiority over her, she just frolicks around them, dancing just out of reach; when she's got their interest she gallops off, luring them to chase her, and she is SO fast they can never catch her. When they return, they are always her slaves for ever and she has protected Eva from their unwanted attentions! Darling Lulu :)
 
Sending hugs,

8 comments:

  1. Now that card is just GORGEOUS. The carnations were just waiting for you to stamp that fab background and arrange them on top.

    Good little Lulu - helping out her beloved Eva.

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. Deffo hot chic weather don’t you think? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Vicky I love the stamps you have used and the colours you have chosen to use the background is gorgeous I love it
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate, Vicky! Often pieces lay on my table for weeks until they either arrange themselves or end up in my overflowing UFO boxes. The striped background works beautifully with the awesomely colored carnations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very pretty creation, many thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, we all understand that very well. But sometimes you just have to be patient, at some point the perfect solution will be found and a beautiful card will be created, as you can see with yours.
    And I'm also learning the joys of walking two dogs. Kaito is the calm dog. He sits down and lets the other dogs sniff him, always according to the motto: If I don't move, the others won't see me... *LOL* Kamo still has the courage of a puppy. He walks towards the other dogs with his tail between his legs. Shows his submissiveness but at the same time his interest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great card your background works so well with the red flowers.
    Thanks for sharing at Stamping Sensations. Avril

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Vicky, I love the stripes with your beautiful flowers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)