Pages

Thursday 1 February 2024

Paper roses

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Welcome back to the Tic Tac Toe challenge! We're back with all our usual inspiration but we're giving you two weeks to join in with each board this year :) Design Team O launched the first board two weeks ago, and now it's Team X's turn to inspire you to create! I got the privilege of making the board this time and I hope you enjoy my suggestions :)
 

There are valentine rows and columns for those that love the Season of Lurve! But I've tried to make everything versatile enough for other occasions too - as shown by the bright and cheery birthday card I've made:
 

I started with my Altenew Layered Rose die set, cutting the flower and leaf layers out of left over white card. I used three shades of red for the roses, sponging them roughly to get more variation, and two shades of green for the leaves. Once they were dry, I assembled them with glue (I have double sided adhesive sheets on order!!) and set them aside.
 

The snippet of beautiful mustard-coloured paper was found deep in the designer paper drawer! I trimmed it to fit the width of a card base and cut the top diagonally. The flowers and leaves were arranged on the diagonal and glued in place. I finished with a sentiment from The Greetery's PreText Sentiments set stamped in mustard, joined with a cursive 'birthday' from a retired SU set.

Okay, it's your turn now! Here's how to play: First, hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and admire all the amazing inspiration the design team has come up with. Second, choose a row or column from the board and create a card using the suggestions. Third, use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post to share your card with us - we can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Seize the Birthday where I'm going with the Anything Goes option; also Make My Monday, where Pamela has chosen 'Use your Patterned Paper' as her challenge; The colours were chosen from Colour Dare #584 - Sundance, Jade and Candy Apple.
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
Such a lovely bright day today! Recently, I'd promised a friend a rug we've had stored away in the garage so I asked OH to help me get it out. It took half an hour of hard labour to locate the rug and heave it out, and afterwards, perspiring gently, we uttered those terrible words: "We really must have a clear out!" We stared at each other in horror until one of us came to our senses and said hurriedly: "When it gets a bit warmer!"

Sending hugs,

18 comments:

  1. Your patterned paper is just perfect for your wonderful roses. Beautifully done and so pretty. Thanks for joining us at MMM, Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your flowers are lovely! pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful birthday card with those beautiful rose blooms shown off to their best advantage against your snippet of designer paper. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Vicky! I love the way you used our challenge colors. Thank you for joining us at Color Dare. - Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are exquisite! What a beautiful card. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely - this so pops against that pretty yellow background, and what fabulous details on those blossoms! Wow! Thanks so much for playing at Make My Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such love and care went into making those flowers. They pop right off the page! Thank you for joining us at Color Dare! - Heidi M.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous roses, Vicky! Great mix and match of sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH! This is so beautiful, I must get my forgotten die out, and work with it again. Love the paper, as for clearing out? We said the same thing this morning hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layered roses are beautiful and so is your card. I love the roses on the slanted pattern paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. On my! This is such a striking card - the contrast is awesome. Thanks for joining in at STB

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is absolutely stunning, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh another beautiful creation those flowers look amazing and so striking super make
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us at Color Dare Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this design with the diagonal. The two roses fit perfectly and the pattern paper, too! What a great find in your stash. Thank you for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful floral and coloring. Love how you used it on the diagonal border... thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wha a gorgeous floral card! Love those roses and your layout. In fact you have totally inspired me and given me an idea for an upcoming card...so thank you for that. Also, thanks for playing at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous and so vibrant. I love it. Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)