Pages

Friday 2 February 2024

Frosty stamps

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Isn't it annoying to have craft time and then Mr Mojo disappears without so much as a by-your-leave! I find that an idea usually springs into my mind just as it's time to walk the dogs or cook dinner (and I am certainly not permitted to delay any of those activities!) By the time free time swings around again it's dark and things usually go badly if I craft in artificial light! Anyway, sorry to ramble on... here's a late idea made next day:


First, I made the postage stamps using Waffleflower's Postage Stamp Collage Die and cutting the stamps apart with paper snips. I used the die itself as a stencil to sponge blue inks into the centre of each stamp, going for an ombré look, then added various die cut botanicals which I left white for a frosty look. For the background, I found a 'wooden plank' snippet of designer paper which was trimmed to size and splattered with blue and white inks.
 

When the splatters were dry, the paper was attached to a slimline card base. I arranged the postage stamps onto it and stamped the postmarks from The Greetery's Pretty Postmarks set.
 

Finally, I stamped the sentiment - a mix of the Greetery's PreText Sentiments and Stampin' Up's retired Endless Wishes - and added some pearls for berries on one of the stamps.

CHALLENGES
It was Jaydee's sketch at The Paper Players that triggered the idea for this card, so I shall link up there; Retro Rubber gave me the idea for the ombré blues and the stamps I've used are Pretty Postmarks 2019, PreText sentiments 2021 and Endless Wishes 2017; I'm also joining in at The Sisterhood of Crafters where Winter Blues is the theme; and last but not least I'm playing at Four Seasons where Anything Goes Winter and there's a lovely wintery mood board.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
It's now been nearly four months since Lulu came into our family and she has done really well. Some of you may be wondering how well Eva is doing - has she accepted the interloper? The answer is a resounding yes. I've been very careful not to focus too much on either dog in the presence of the other one because I wanted them to develop their own relationship, and this has worked well. They play beautifully together, taking it in turns to be the 'predator' and the 'prey'. They are incredibly tolerant of each other around food, and Eva, who is not a dog that cuddles with other dogs, will allow Lulu to sleep touching her. Lulu is much younger and full of life which has resulted in Eva losing a bit of weight and becoming much more active - bonus! But it IS quite tiring keeping up with the youngster...
 

and a warm, cosy sofa is very welcome at the end of a busy day. Sleep well sweet Eva!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Claire, I love that you used stamps for your elements. What a fabulous and creative Christmas card. I love the background, too. So glad you shared this with us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Vicky...I totally love the card you came up with for all of the challenges! Funny how ideas percolate and then come together. Thank you for joining us at Paper Players this week and sharing your creativity. Cheers, Jolanda - DT Guest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vicky this is lovely - those stamps are really pretty with their soft icy blue ombre background and I love the woodgrain and pops of red too. Gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good use of the Stamp Collage die and I love the pale blue color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have created another stunning card Vicky, love all the little details and how you interpreted the sketch, (which I would have struggled with). Eva looks so comfy 😍🤗xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. No sign of Mr Mojo doing a disappearing act for this gorgeous Christmas card. I love how you made the faux postage stamps dance across the card front.

    Eva looks very peaceful having her snooze. So pleased adopting Lulu has worked out well for all concerned. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a beautiful Winter card Vicky. So pleased the girls settled, I rather thought they would, the breed is very accepting and if ours are anything to go by thrive on company.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your mojo returned in abundance in this card, it's inspiring and beautiful Vicky. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your festive card Vicky it is classy the colours are ACE so is the design I love your picture of Eva so glad they are getting on so well but as for your mojo I don't think it has gone anywhere
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the soft subtle tones you used on this beautiful card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge and please join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just fell in love with your stunning card. It is simple, but beautiful!!!
    And it's really interesting to read how profit Eva by Lulu. It's the same like us. Kamo want to play and to chase and Kaito joins in. That's very good for his fitness.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely interpretation for the RRCB, The stamps arranged on a slim line are darling. Thank you for joining us at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with Retro Rubber Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow! What a beautiful ombre. What a beautiful and elegant card. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully designed! Thank you for sharing with us at The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is absolutely wonderful, Vicky. What a fabulous idea to use stamps as your elements for the PP sketch. I love the way you placed them, colored them, decorated them... The background paper you used it perfect. Fabulous design and beautifully wintery! Thanks so much for sharing this beauty and playing with us at The Four Seasons Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)