Pages

Sunday 4 February 2024

Shiplap and Roses

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I can't tell you how delighted I am to join the team at The Flower Challenge where many of my heroines of craft are creating effortlessly beautiful cards month after month! For this first challenge of the year, the theme is to incorporate a heart somewhere on your floral card.
 

It's coming up to that time of the year when we share the love, so I made a masculine valentine :)


I started with a wood plank background, sponging a variety of neutral inks onto an offcut of white card and cutting with The Greetery's Shiplap die set. I laid the planks out on a piece of copy paper, and glued them in place, before trimming to size with a stitched rectangle die by Heffy Doodle.


The single rose bud is from a Studio Light Bible Journalling set, and the leaves from WPlus9's Modern Roses. I stamped them, coloured them with coloured pencils and fussy cut them. I added them to the shiplap, glueing them together as a single item, then stamped the 'with love' sentiment from The Greetery's Tagged Elegance. To finish, I stamped a row of hearts using a much-used stamp from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, and embellished with a pair of enamel hearts.

Now it's your turn! At the Flower Challenge we want to see cards featuring flowers so don't forget to make them the main focus of your creation. Do hop over to the challenge site to check out the amazing inspiration on display from my talented team mates, and when you're ready to link up your own card, you'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the challenge post. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
I'm frolicking over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge as the Shiplap die and the Bible Journalling set are Never Before Used Schtuff! The team at As You See It want to see our new craft stash too, so I'm linking up there; Triple B have an optional moodboard for February but your card must feature a bird and/or a butterfly and/or a bloom.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
The golden girls and I had quite the eventful walk yesterday afternoon. We'd been careering about in the countryside and were just coming back, tired but happy, when suddenly a herd of 5 Muntjac deer shot out from the shelter of a hedge almost right in front of us. The pups' eyes were practically on stalks! They shot off in hot pursuit of course and my heart was in my mouth; I know Eva wouldn't be able to get near them but Lulu is FAST! However I can (with relief) report that she is not as fast as the deer and soon turned back, panting hard and with tongue lolling. The girls trotted home shoulder to shoulder, presumably having convinced themselves that they were marvellous hunting dogs, and did justice to large bowlfuls of meaty chunks before settling down for a nap.

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. Welcome to the team Vicky...so glad you are joining us!! Your card is fabulous and I love that you made it a masculine Valentine card...perfection! Hugs. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy as a lark having you on our team at The Flower Challenge, Vicky! Your coloring is so fantastic and especially wonderful here on your pretty roses! Also loving the 'wood' panel!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Vicky, what a splendid rose stem - so elegant and gorgeous! Love that background for it, too - that shiplap die set is amazing! Great new goodies! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your new DT position. You’ll be a wonderful asset.

    A beautiful masculine Valentine’s Day card. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. While the flower is gorgeous, it's that fabulous plank background that's got me excited! A wonderful creation all round, so thank you for sharing it with us at As You See It.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow your card is just beautiful, love how you did the background! Another wow with the deer encounter! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your amazing background it's the perfect basic for the very beautiful flower!!
    Kaito also learned very quickly that it was pointless to chase after deer. They're just too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to see you joining the ladies at the Flower Challenge Vicky - your beautiful floral creations will fit right in! That said, I'm not sure what's more impressive here, as that shiplap background is definitely giving the rose a run for its money!! As for those pups - I'm hoping you've invested in a new pair of trainers, I suspect Lulu has her best hunting dog impression nailed lol! I hope you were also rewarded with a nice cup of tea on your return!! Thanks for sharing your new purchases with us at As You See It too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the DT spot, Vicky! Beautiful card xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how you've colored the shiplap and that single rose bud is so classy! A beautiful way to show your love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And congratulations on joining the Design Team at The Flower Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Welcome to the Team, Vicky🤗
    Beautiful card and love the way you made the focal panel. Great take on masculine valentine card😊

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that fabulous background, Vicky and it was well worth any effort it took. You really nailed making a romantic masculine card and I love it. I find masculine cards so hard to make but you have it down pat.
    Hope you are well,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Vic this is just AWESOME! LOVE how you did the coloring for your shiplap and your design is perfect for a masculine card! Well done !!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicky, I am in awe of your gorgeous card for a number of reasons. First is the pairing of the rose bud and the lovely stem, but fussy cut with such perfect precision. And then the ink blending of your shiplap background is simply brilliant - colorful but not to take away from the beautiful rose bud. I'm so thrilled you've joined our team - I look forward to seeing all your beautiful designs each month!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Huge congratulations for being on the Flower Challenge DT, Vicky! They are so lucky to have you! Your card is, as always, perfection! Honestly, I thought the background was a beautiful piece of designer paper and the single rose and sediment are sensational with it! Thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on joining the team at The Flower Challenge, Vicky! That rose is beautiful, but I'm intrigued by that shiplap! I love all the different tones you've used in it! Thanks for filling in our blank at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on your new team! That is exciting! I love that shiplap...I have these and love anything made with them! Fantastic! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So happy to have you join our team, Vicky. I love how you did that shiplap. I need to get out mine again. It made a wonderful backdrop for your single pink rose.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)