Pages

Thursday 18 January 2024

Soft Magnolias

Hello, crafting friends!
 
What a treat to have a bit of time to craft for the sheer fun of it! It was a beautiful frosty day today and I was inspired by the soft winter colours seen out on our dog walk - as well as some favourite challenges of course!
 

This card started with a bit of water colouring on a thick card base. I used Stampin' Up's Boho Blue, a lovely greyish blue, and added a few splatters while I was at it. While that was drying, I stamped some magnolias from MFT's Floral Focus on some white off-cuts of card, watercoloured them with blush and pink inks and left them to dry. When they were dry, I fussy cut them and added a deeper pink coloured pencil for a bit of detail.
 

In my designer paper drawer, I found a snippet of wood-look paper and trimmed off a thin piece. I attached it vertically on my card front, tucking the magnolias under it. To add to the ethereal look, I attached some curls of thin gold thread to the wood and popped up a sentiment label over the top, stamped with sentiment from a retired SU set and cut out with a Postage Stamp punch.

CHALLENGES
I loved Lisa's choice of colours at The Color Throwdown and combined them with Judy's fab sketch at Freshly Made Sketches.
AND IN OTHER NEWS
It is a joy to see my golden girls playing together again after Lulu had to take it easy with her cut pad. 
 

Here they are taking a breather - they actually look terribly fierce when they are in the middle of a playfight, and I didn't want to scare anyone!! It constantly amazes me how clever they are at baring all their teeth and leaping about all over each other and yet there's never a graze or anything!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. That is an AWESOME card! Love the blues and pinks and the addition of the gold thread. The magnolias are magnificent. Beautiful composition xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the delicate colors, your card fits perfectly into the winter time!!!!
    And I'm so happy for Lulu... and of course for Eva that she has her playmate back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything is perfect with our new addition and we are so happy to have him. Would you like to get to know him too? I'm showing pictures on my blog today!

      Delete
  3. The soft pink magnolias play so beautifully on the watercolored background and strip of gray! Love the wispy gold thread too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky your card is quite simply beautiful I so love the soft delicate colours it is great to see the doggies playing together
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the splash of sky and great woodgrain supporting this gorgeous flower. Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love te soft flowers! Pretty card! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card! I love those pink magnolias! I so love the background you've created! Just beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a gorgeous card! I love the soft, watercolored background!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! I recognize that sentiment xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty! Love the touch of gold thread! So glad you played along with us this week at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is beautiful, Vicky! Your flower looks so pretty and delicate! Lovely to see you at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful card. I love magnolias and your colors are lovely! Thank you for playing with my sketch this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Vicky, etherial to be sure. So sorry to hear about Lulu's paw and glad to hear she is better? I love how dogs play fight. I can't catch up with comments, but I have looked at each and every card I missed and really appreciate them. x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)