Pages

Friday 12 January 2024

Winter joy

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I thought it was time to catch up with some challenges today! I scrolled through Challenges for Days to check out the latest challenges and was inspired to make...
 
 
... a Christmas card!! You'd think I'd have had enough of festive creativity but there's some great inspiration out there and it's never too early to make a start on this year's card stash. This card began with the background: I swiped the bottom of a card panel with a pale blue ink pad, then masked off the ground with a sticky note and blended purple, pink and blue inks over the sky area. I added the fir trees from Stampin' Up's retired Snow Front stamp set, stamping repeatedly to get an illusion of depth, and a tiny church from a thrift shop find.
 

The sticky note was removed and I stamped the tree from Stampin' Up's retired Sheltering Tree, adding a little bird from Snow Front and extra details and shading with coloured pencils and markers. A load of snow was dotted in with a Posca acrylic paint pen and the sentiment was stamped using an old magazine freebie. Finally, the panel was attached to a card base and I'm delighted to have a 2024 Christmas card under my belt!

CHALLENGES
I was inspired by the gorgeous colour palette at Colorful Options so I'm linking up there; The Sisterhood of Crafters have an Icy Cold theme and Little Red Wagon's challenge is Still Snowing, so I'm joining in there too; And last but not least, I've gone for A is for Anything Christmas at ABC Christmas. (They also have B is for Berries there so I may well pop in again soon!)
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
My worry over Lulu's cut pad is subsiding a bit as I can see it's on the mend. I have come up with a way of bandaging her foot for the outdoors with an 'inner' of bubble wrap secured with an 'outer' of lots of vet wrap and this has enabled me to let her off lead for short periods. She needs some good runs though and is beginning to be a little bit naughty (stealing some chocolate off the coffee table - luckily I caught her before any harm was done - and even jumping up at my husband, who admittedly has a very excitable energy!) I can't wait to get out into the countryside with them again - not least because this gentle on-lead walking isn't doing anything for my waistline!!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. A stunning icy scene Vicky,thank you for your kind words and support

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that’s a beautiful card. Great inking and stamping and a wonderful sentiment. Perfect Christmas card.

    Well done for sorting out a weatherproof wrap for Lulu’s paw so she can go out and about. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vic ... this is just GORGEOUS! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    (PS ... glad Lulu is able to get out & about again)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful snowy scene, gorgeous card.. Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful festive creation Vicky the scene looks amazing the detail and colours are perfect I love it
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is absolutely stunning! I am absolutely in love with it. I haven't used my "Sheltering Tree" in a while, so I'll have to get it back out. :) Thank you for the inspiration and Thank you so much for sharing at Colorful Options!

    Best,
    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is GORGEOUS, Vicky! What a beautiful scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW Vicky so beautiful ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is stunning and your winter landscape looks so real!!!!
    All the best for Lulu!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Vicky. So glad Lulu is feeling better xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've creates such a beautiful snowscape here, Vicky and I love the subtle colour changes that add so much depth to the scene. It's good to hear that Lulu is getting better.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear your precious Lulu is injured and do hope she is on the mend soon both for her and for your waistline.As for your card it is simply divine such a beautiful wintery scene and the colours are pristine. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Colorful Options.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card - love the wintry scene you've created!
    Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)