Pages

Saturday 27 April 2024

Peace and Goodwill

Hello, crafting friends!
 
What a chilly old spring it's been this year! When you have to reach for a woolly throw most evenings and can't imagine what short-sleeved tops and flip flops are doing in your wardrobe, there really isn't any difficulty making festive cards! Here's one I rustled up earlier:
 

This has become a 'go to' recipe for a Christmas card for me - a sentiment label on a DSP background, embellished with foliage and berries. I trimmed a piece of Simple Stories designer paper with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle and glued it to a card front. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up's Hope and Peace and was stamped and heat embossed in red, then cut out with a label die from The Works. I popped this up on dimensional pads.
 

The foliage dies are from The Greetery and Flora and Fauna and I also used some unbranded holly dies. The die cuts were sponged with green inks except the berry branches which I left white. Everything was glued into place and I finished with some lovely shiny enamel dots.

CHALLENGES
Linda has an intriguing sketch at Freshly Made Sketches this week which I used for this card; I'm also linking up with Peace on Earth which inspired me with another of their gorgeous mood boards; also the Anything Christmas Goes challenge at Rudolph Days where you can link up until the end of the month.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
It's been good to have a bit of time to craft this weekend. The chilly weather has made me glad to get in from our walks and the golden girls are happy to settle down for a bit of serious napping while I create piles of papers, inks and dies all over the living room! 
 

Here's Eva being queen of the sofa! Of course it's important to keep one eye half open in case mum goes to the fridge for cheese!!

I hope you're enjoying your weekend :) Sending hugs,

16 comments:

  1. A lovely festive make for Rudolph Day. Great label and lovely foliage xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Vicky, with all the foliage gorgeously arranged. And Eva is a nice addition to your sofa, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful combination of paper,greeting panel and Christmas foliage Vicky,Eva does look so contented on the sofa

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a lovely layout that really works well Vicky, I like the contrasting foliage and lush berries, pretty paper too. Eva looks soooo comfy! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful and very elegant Christmas card.
    And no matter how soundly our fur children sleep, if a bag rustles, they'll be standing next to us in milliseconds... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful festive card Vicky love the background and that fabulous embossed sentiment the added embellishments are just enough I love it
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are always so lovely, Vicky. This one is no exception. Lovely sprigs of holly to accent this beautiful Christmas/Winter card. It's so sweet. I hope you're having a blessed and creative week, and I would absolutely LOVE to have you come play along with us at Word Art Wednesday. It would be a real treat to see your lovely art there. God bless you, and thanks for sharing your sweet art. I sure do enjoy it!
    Blessings,
    Karen L, Owner
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com - Challenge
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - Personal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really lovely card Vicky - but I always say, there's never anything but perfection from you. I love that the sentiment takes centre stage!

    Why does the slightest rustle of a cheese wrapper always bring a pooch running ................... like it's the start of the Grand National? Same here - every time!

    Thanks for coming to play with us in April's Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet holiday card! Glad you shared it at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just lovely! Such pretty colors and one of my favorite sentiments from a favorite set! It's always good to see Eva too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks like a winner to me, Vicky! I LOVE how you've used this sketch! The greenery and holly with red berries are perfect to make this sentiment stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everyone should have a go to that works so well as this. Your patterned paper background makes things easier and it sure is pretty. I love the greenery corners and those beautiful red enamel dots that go so well with the red embossed sentiment. Eva looks very comfortable and peaceful. It's a dark morning here and Sophie is holding down the covers on the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty card! I love the bits of greenery and that bright sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a fabulous recipe for sure! What a lovely card. Glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful design - very elegant.

    Thanks for joining us at the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)