Pages

Thursday 25 April 2024

Late daffodils

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's time for another Tic Tac Toe challenge! There's loads of lovely inspiration on today's board so I do hope you'll want to come and join in with us :)
 

I've opted for the diagonal from top left - Flowers/Free/Die Cuts and made a belated birthday card for a pal whose birthday had disappeared under a load of random boxes in my chaotic little brain - aargh!
 

I started with Altenew's Daffodil Delight embossing folder, positioning my card panel in the folder at an angle and using my squidgy mat to avoid hard lines. I then decided to cut the panel into a tag with a nesting arch die from The Greetery which flattened my embossing a little but hey ho! Next time I will die cut first and THEN emboss!


I'd used watercolour paper as my panel so I could use my Arteza watercolour brush pens to colour the image - yes I managed to plan ahead for that bit! The watercolouring is what is called 'loose' when the professionals do it but that when I do it is probably more accurately described as 'messy'!
 

The little tag was stamped with a sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greetings and cut out with a circle punch. I used a couple of small punches to make a hole and a hole strengthener, then threaded some yellow ribbon through it and secured with glue dots. Finally, the tags were attached to a card base.

Okay, so now it's your turn! Here's how to play: First, hop over to the Tic Tac Toe blog to check out the amazing inspiration from my team mates; Next make your own creation using the suggestions from a row, column or diagonal on the board; Finally, use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the challenge blog and share your creation with us - we can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
Jaydee's challenge at The Paper Players this week is Clean and Simple spring flowers, and I have used the fresh green, yellow and aqua colour palette at The Color Throwdown; I'm also visiting Can You Handle the Pressure as I used an embossing folder and am joining in with the All Occasions challenge at Krafty Chicks with my belated birthday card.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
After mentioning how fluffy Lulu is getting, I thought you'd like to see 'before and after' photos of her:
 

Here she is in November last year, looking very thin and short haired, and with no 'feathers' on her legs. 
 
 
And here she is yesterday, out on what I call 'a walk' but that the girls have decided is 'a rabbit hunt'!  Look at those floofy pantaloons and that luxuriant tail! What a beauty!

Sending hugs,

9 comments:

  1. I love this card, well I would, wouldn't I? Great design and your "loose" water colouring is beautiful, Vicky. Love the tag design too. The girls look so lovely just as they should. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never fail to inspire me Vicky,a beautiful card, Lulu looks like a completely different dog,she's so lucky to have been adopted by you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Love your description of floofy pantaloons! Both girls and card are beauties Xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s a very pretty daffodil card. The little circular tag you made to embellish it with us lovely. I’m sure your friend will immediately forgive you for forgetting!!!

    In today’s picture of the Golden Girls I would be hard pressed to know who was who if I just looked at their faces. Lulu’s coat looks so different. They’re both beautiful girls. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are both such pretty dogs. And your embossed card is as well. Happy weeekeeeend! xox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always struggle coloring daffodils but you have perfected it, my friend! I love how you've made it into a tag and put that tag on a card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my how beautiful this creation is Vicky I do love Altenew's products I have stamps and dies still unused, the colour of the flower is wonderful talking of wonderful your girls are so beautiful
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how things can get buried under those boxes in your brain. I should make my belated birthday cards ahead of time, ha! The somewhat squished embossing helps your card carry on the softness of your coloring and it's absolutely lovely. There is quite a difference in Lulu's before and after photos. She almost looks like she's had a haircut in the November pic. She is a beauty for sure!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)