Pages

Friday 17 May 2024

Stripes and flowers

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Having been hither and thither over the past couple of weeks I think Mr Mojo came with me and slipped off when I wasn't looking. Although there has been time to craft this week, I've been reduced to sorting out my designer paper drawer! Until today when some ideas in the back of my head combined with some lovely challenges and sent me scuttling off to rummage through my stamps and dies :)
 

I had seen a tall layered cake decorated with flowers on my travels and there is a hint of that in this design. I used Stampin' Up's gorgeous Boho Blue ink to stamp Uniko's Horizontal Stripes background image in the corner of a thick card base. 
 

After cutting some flowers from The Greetery's Wildflower Mix and Sissix's Geo Floral Frame die sets, I sponged them with inks and added detail with coloured pencils plus enamel dot centres on the big blooms. These were all arranged in a swoosh over the top of the background image, with a couple of the large flowers popped up on dimensional pads.
 

The sentiment from The Greetery's Scripted Sentiments has become a firm favourite. To finish, I curved the top right corner with my corner rounder.

CHALLENGES
I was instantly inspired by Inspired By's gorgeous jug of flowers image and am linking up there; At Allsorts, Lorraine has chosen the them of Spots and/or Stripes so I'm joining in there too. 
 
As a side note, you might want to join in with the 15th birthday celebrations at Allsorts next week! The celebrations begin this Saturday, 18th May, and there will be amazing prizes from a popular stamp company for some lucky winners! Save the date!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
The golden girls and I are enjoying our walks so much more now that the weather is warm and dry. Here's Eva among the cow parsley looking as if she's having a chuckle at something.
 

No doubt she's planning the next items of underwear to retrieve from the laundry basket and parade through the house when I have guests...!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Such a pretty design using these delicate blooms. Thanks for joining us at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the inspiration Vicky, your beautiful card( love your colours) has given me an idea for a money wallet for my younger son to give his brother at his wedding in September.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspirational way to incorporate the stripes Vicky, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    Great golden girl photo, the keksie is looking lovely in these parts as well (some weeds are beautiful in my eye).

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I instantly knew what inspired you to create this gorgeous BLUE and white design....so perfectly executed, I think your mojo is perfectly fine! And that Eva....she is always coming up with something fun to do, obviously!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so loving your card, it's absolutely beautiful and creative with all the pretty flowers and stripes. And a really cute picture of Eva!
    Thank you so much for joining in with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous! And cute dog. Thanks so much for playing along at Inspired By! ~Laurel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card! That cascade of flowers is perfect. Thank you so much for sharing this project with us at Allsorts. See you back next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, Vicky! Love the blue stripes and those flowers are perfect to decorate your "cake"!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! A great take on the challenge photo. Keep showing your dogs, I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your tumbling swoosh of flowers, gorgeous colours, and perfect for those challenges, a fabulous card! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How clever and pretty is your cake interpretation! Love it!
    And Miss Eva, that photo is a keeper! Would also love to see her lingerie exhibition, haha XOX

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well this is just a BEAUTIFUL card Vicky.
    I saw the cake on the card front immediately and fell in love with it. One to keep in mind for a future CASE methinks (with your permission of course!).

    Oh dear - it sounds like Eva showed you up recently! Hope it hasn't given Lulu ideas! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, goodness, this is so very inspired by both the cake you mentioned and the inspiration board! Absolutely gorgeous! Eva is a gorgeous sight, too, all fluffy in the Cow Parsley. She looks very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A lot of fiddling around, but it was worth it. Fantastically beautiful card. Reminds me of my forget-me-nots in the garden.
    Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your well deserved win at Inspired By Challenge--a wonderful take on the photo!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)