Pages

Monday 20 May 2024

Truly tropical birthday

Hello, crafting friends!
 
The weather here has turned truly tropical and today's card reflects that! Come and see:
 
 
I started with some snippets of white card and a stamp set that's been loitering in my NBUS box for nearly two years - Tropical Bouquet by Avery Elle. I stamped the two hibiscus flowers in coral ink and a leaf in a dark teal and fussy cut them all. For my background, I cut a square of watercolour paper and painted in a sky and seascape using the same inks, plus a paler teal. When this was dry, I arranged the flowers and leaf in a cluster in one corner and stamped a boat and some birds in the opposite corner with images from Waffle Flower's Lighthouse stamp and stencil set.
 

To finish, the panel was glued to a slightly smaller square of teal card and then attached to a card base that I'd swiped with coral ink. The sentiment is a favourite from an ancient Clearly Besotted stamp set called Fly With Me, stamped and fussy cut.

CHALLENGES
There were lots of challenges helping me to celebrate the tropical weather! The colour palette is Jules' choice at Color Hues; Carol at Just Us Girls has come up with a gorgeous moodboard that features beaches and skies and boats; and at Seize The Birthday Vicki has chosen a beach theme as her Topping. I'm playing along with these challenges and sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge too as the Avery Elle stamp set is fresh out of the packet :)
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I have arranged my imaginary sunbed in the dappled shade of some palm trees just next to this hibiscus bush and am sipping a strawberry daiquiri while listening to the waves gently lapping at the shore. Anyone care to join me? In this daydream, the golden girls are frolicking about in the waves, but in reality it would be far too hot for them and they would far rather holiday in Alaska or somewhere!

Sending hugs,

17 comments:

  1. Love your card,even more your imaginary scene,would love to join you there

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, I love your watercolored sky and water!!! The hibiscus in the front and beach in the back gives the feeling that you are in your hammock looking out at the pretty view with a drink in hand. Thanks for making and sharing this pretty card with us at Just Us Girls!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your water and sky are just amazing. You have created such a lovely tropical feel with those hibiscus flowers too. I love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so love your freehand watercolored background, Vicky and I don't think I could have such fabulous success. Love your card! Thanks for playing at Color Hues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh yes please - I’d like to join you in your dream world.

    Lovely card. Totally tropical here too. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely tropical view I see in your card! It perfectly evokes the daydream you mentioned. I'd settle for slightly warmer with less wind. It's coming straight from the arctic at my house. Thankfully the garden and surrounding areas provide some tolerable microclimates. I'm happy enough just to see the sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything on this card is so inviting, love it, the pink and blue sky especially. We're in the the low 90'sF all week and the nights are beginning not to cool down, so Summer has begun here. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s a fab tropical scene and a yes from me! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. An absolutely gorgeous water-colour scene and using the lovely tropical stamps too - I think we'd all love to be there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful scene Vicky love those bold flowers it looks sublime
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you've combined these stamps to create this wonderful summer scene! It's turned very hot here suddenly, so your card is great inspiration! Thanks for sharing with us at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to be sitting beside you and listening to the waves, Vicky! Such a beautiful scene and the hibiscus are pretty special!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hibiscus flowers are the perfect choice for the Coral element of the challenge Vicky and I love it when challenges come together to spark ideas. Thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Vicky, you are so clever! It has never entered my mind to pair anything other than a sandy beach with my nautical cards. This works so beautifully. Thanks so much for playing with my color combo here at Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful vision of Paradise Vicky, I could do with the warmth atm. A really lovely card. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful card, Vicky! Your freehand background is so pretty! The tropical flowers work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)