Pages

Saturday 15 June 2024

Against the wall

Hello, crafting friends!
 
We're half way through the month of June and I'm here to remind you that you've got plenty of time to join in with our sketch challenge at the Flower Challenge.
 
And here IS the sketch:

I love this sketch and am particularly obsessed with the background panel! For my first card, I focused on adding pattern to the centre (you can see that HERE) but this time, I decided to add pattern to the sides to emphasise the centre. But first, I got going with the flower/foliage cluster!
 

When I bought this stamp set (Wallpaper Art by Altenew) the coordinating mask/stencil was on special offer, so I bought it too - and it's been so useful! I stamped the flower and masked it off; then stamped the left hand leaf cluster and masked that off; and finally stamped the bottom leaves before removing the masks. The flower and larger leaves are line art, so I coloured those with Arteza watercolour brush pens and left it to dry.
 

When everything was dry, I replaced the masks and also blocked off the vertical centre of the card with sticky notes before sponging pale blue ink over the sides. When that was done, I positioned Funky Fossil's Brick Wall stencil over the card front and sponged blue-grey and light purple inks through it. When I removed the masks again, the flower cluster appeared to be in front of the brick sections - yay, the magic of masking!! To finish, I added a sentiment from my UFO box and some purple gems.

Right! It's over to you! Don't forget to check out all the amazing inspiration from my team mates over at the Flower Challenge - you'll be glad you did! When you've made your own card, you can link up using the Linky Tool at the bottom of the challenge post. Have fun won't you!

CHALLENGES
I am linking up at the Beautiful Blossoms challenge under the Anything Floral Goes theme - but I will be back as I'm totally inspired by that gorgeous mood board with its oranges and pinks! Also linking up at the Stencil Fun Challenge where there's an optional theme of Birthday but I've gone with Anything Goes.

 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
While Eva's paw is healing, I am walking her gently on hard level surfaces only. This kind of polite on-lead walking is not what Lulu needs - she's young and needs to get out and really run. So, although I take them out together in the morning and at night, for the main midday walk I'm walking them separately for the moment. What has amazed me is how much this has affected their behaviour. They are both much more focused on my guidance and it's quite obvious that they are enjoying the one-to-one attention. When Eva is better, I may carry on with separate midday walks a couple of times a week. It also represents a massive step forward for Lulu, who would once have barked the place down if I had tried to take Eva out without her!

Sending hugs,

7 comments:

  1. A fabulous card Vicky, a beautiful flower,foliage and stencilled panels.Seems like both Eva and Lulu are happy with this arrangement

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I do think this sketch is one that bears repeating. Love the brick wall. It sounds like this is just what Lulu needs for the time being. Funny how things work out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely floral card with a great background.
    Fascinating to hear about the behaviour difference in Lulu and Eva. You must be wearing out your shoe leather though! Hope Eva heals up soon. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning effect and love the bright flower and wall background. Good to hear you are managing with the poorly paw and both having their time with you. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is one gorgeous floral card and colored beautifully! Funny how our fur babies can be just like children, needing that one on one time, I even get that feeling from my three cats, when holding one the other two are eyeballing me up, I always wonder what they are thinking!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nicely done, the masking and stenciling add depth and texture to your pretty colors. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another beautiful card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)