Pages

Thursday 13 June 2024

A flash of pink

Hello, crafting friends!
 
With all the shenanigans with birthday celebrations and visitors, then dentist and optician appointments, and then poor Eva getting her toe infected and needing to go to the vet, I have been a very bad blogger! I am planning to catch up with commenting today and have put a 'Do not disturb' sign on the door (I can hear the golden girls whispering among themselves about pretending not to be able to read!!)
 
Today I want to show you a card that I got really excited about :) When I made THIS card and some others like it, there was quite a lot of distress oxide ink left on the stencils so I sprayed them with water, smooshed the ink onto a card panel and left it to dry. And then I had an idea which turned into this:

 
Isn't it fun? I stamped over the background with an NBUS stamp from an Altenew set called Charmed. Using a paint brush and water, I picked up distress oxide inks pressed onto an acrylic block and added loose colour to the flowers and leaves. When the panel had dried, I cut an arch shape out of the centre and set it aside. The negative of the die cut was glued to a card front and the centre filled in with another arch cut from a snippet of pink card.
 

For the focal point, I took the floral arched piece I'd cut out and and stamped a 'Just a note' sentiment  from The Greetery's Scripted Sentiments onto it.
 

The arch was backed with dimensional tape and popped up over the pink arch. I love the way you catch a glimpse of the pink!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Allsorts, where Lolo wants to see Flowers Galore; also We Love Stamping where the theme is Fabulous Flowers and the challenge is celebrating its 15 year anniversary! The Charmed set was fresh out of the packet so I'm hopping over to Darnell's NBUS Challenge too.

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Sometimes a girl with a Poor Paw needs a little time alone...
 

Thank you so much for all your get well messages for my sweet Eva.
 
Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Another stunning floral card Vicky. Love the loose watercoloured flowers and how you get a glimpse of the pink below the popped-up arched panel.

    With my GD hat on, I'd like to say thanks for joining in at Allsorts x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stamp goes perfectly with the inky background, love the pop of pink, your mopping up session has resulted in a very pretty card. Hugs to Eva xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your layout,the raised arch adds interest to an already exquisite card.Eva looks really contented testing in the garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a prettily designed floral card in soft summer colours (I use the word summer very loosely) Vicky, it's really beautiful and perfect at both Allsorts and We Love Stamping challenges.

    That poor lass does look sorry for herfelf.

    Bx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty. I have some arched dies like this and hardly used them so I may have to CASE this! Thanks so much for sharing at Allsorts and a hug to Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's such an eyecatching design and perfectly floral for us at Allsorts. Thank you for sharing. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Clare, never thought of using a used stencil to for a part of the background. You always think outside the box. Beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love doing those kinds of cards! Yours is so pretty and good for you reusing your stencil ink. I never think to pop up the inlay though, it definitely kicks it up a notch. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your comment on my 1st day of Christmas card,I googled the Thank You letters, not sure if I found the book you have but the ones I found brightened up my day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, love, love the background, Vicky! It would have been a shame to waste the inky beauty! It works perfectly with these flowers and that graceful bold sentiment. Love the bit of pink peeking through too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful Vicky love the soft colours and the flower stamps, I hope Eva gets better soon
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, yes, it's so pretty with the smooshed ink and the extra touch of color you painted on the flowers and leaves. What a beautiful result you achieved by starting with the background. These particular flowers are perfect for it. I do love that bit of peeking pink, too! Eva has found a lovely spot to rest and heal, sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the layers on this beautiful card Vicky. Such a pretty colour mix too, the sentiment is beautifully placed too with lines matching. Love it. With both hats on, I will say - Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at We Love Stamping. Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith A DT

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)