Pages

Thursday 29 April 2010

Solid Stripes gingham birthday

The minute I saw the Solid Stripes background stamp in the mini catalogue, I got very excited about the possibilities for checked patterns. So today I've come up with this gingham effect:


Recognise the flower? It's the second time this week it has made an appearance because it's one of my favourite embellishments at the moment! Look out for a tutorial in the next few days. The gingham called out for cross stitch and the faux stitched kisses finished the card off nicely.

Supplies:
Stamps: Solid Stripes, Vintage Labels
Ink: Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Pink Passion, Always Artichoke
Card stock: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Other: Certainly Celery brad, paper piercer, two step bird punch (the wing makes these leaves), Pretty in Pink marker

It's been warm and even quite sunny here for the last week but today, while I was at a workshop, we heard rain outside. "Rain?" said one of my ladies. "Must be the cricket season!" She was referring to last summer when we sat outside the cricket pavilion every friday evening and watched our sons play cricket in showers, fog, rain and, on one memorable occasion, a violent thunder storm!

If you live in the UK, you'll be gearing up for the bank holiday weekend. The forecast is for 'cricket season' weather - not so great for cricket but perfect for crafting!
See you tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Vicky, the pink and blue looks lovely together - can't wait for the tutorial on the flower it's stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful :) I too am looking forward to the tutorial!!! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card and fabulous flower ... can't wait to see your tutorial!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, I'd comment on every post that I missed this week, but I have to get to bed! I love them all! So much variety..
    This flower is adorable, as are the little rose buds below.. And the coordinating card and gift bag set is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever of you to make a plaid background with a striped stamp. I like your flower and the wing does make a pretty leaf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i adore this flower Vicky, would you be up for demoing it at our next training??
    Keep up the great blog x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the way you made the gingham-looking background. Brilliant! And, there's that flower again. Yep, gotta try one of those!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)