Pages

Monday 23 August 2010

Christmas card using Trendy Trees

When you wake up with that Monday morning feeling, a spot of crafting soon sorts you out - or was that the coffee?! Anyway, today I'm doing something a bit quirky using Trendy Trees (which is one of the sets Stampin' Up are offering at a 20% discount this month - scroll down to the bottom of the post for more). The tropical heatwave we enjoyed yesterday has given way to murky autumnal weather so my thoughts have turned back to Christmas cards!


Of course I could have just used the whole fir tree from the set to make this but I wanted something slightly bigger. So I scored and folded a piece of scrap card stock and cut a triangle out of it leaving behind a triangular template. I sponged ink inside this template and then stamped the trunk of the fir tree on top and hey presto! A new and exciting tree!

Here's how to make this card:

  • Cut template and sponge and stamp tree (as described above) onto a piece of Whisper White card stock 5 cm wide x 6.5 cm high.
  • Decorate the tree with coloured card stock circles cut with a 1/4" circle punch.
  • Cut four scalloped squares and trim one scallop vertically off each. Stick them together with tape, and  mount the tree panel onto the resulting mat.
  • Wind linen thread round the bottom and tie a knot.
  • Tear a piece of 'snowy' designer paper and adhere to a Kraft card base made from an A5 piece of card stock scored and folded. Stamp a sentiment across the card base and the dp.
  • Attach the focal panel with dimensionals. Sponge the edge of the card base.

Supplies
Stamps: Trendy Trees, Occasional Greetings
Ink: Always Artichoke, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White craft ink for sponging
Card stock: Kraft, Old Olive, Various scraps for the baubles
Other: Scallop square and 1/4" circle punches, linen thread, Sweet Pea designer paper stack

Don't forget that Trendy Trees isn't the only two step stamp set on special offer this month. Have a look at the table below and consider snapping up a bargain.


If you see anything you'd like, just drop me an email - I'm always happy to help.

Hope you have a happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. You are such a clever girl. Love the way you`ve worked the tree and I also love the tearing again. A pleasant change from tradition.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very cas and very beautiful!

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this set and I have never considered using the tree trunks with anything except the stamps that came with the set. This makes a great Christmas card using the masking and colored punched circles. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a truly great card Vicky! I LOVB it!!Thanks for the tip about the scallops- I never knew how that was done !! Maybe now my scalloped square punch will finally see a bit of action!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Vicky, really stylish. I love the way you have done the tree and the bright colours of the baubles....it's a bit like winter here today, really windy and rainy...definitely more like Christmas than August x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love, love, love this card, Vicky! Your creativity just doesn't end. Love how you made that tree.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)