Of course I could have just used the whole fir tree from the set to make this but I wanted something slightly bigger. So I scored and folded a piece of scrap card stock and cut a triangle out of it leaving behind a triangular template. I sponged ink inside this template and then stamped the trunk of the fir tree on top and hey presto! A new and exciting tree!
Here's how to make this card:
- Cut template and sponge and stamp tree (as described above) onto a piece of Whisper White card stock 5 cm wide x 6.5 cm high.
- Decorate the tree with coloured card stock circles cut with a 1/4" circle punch.
- Cut four scalloped squares and trim one scallop vertically off each. Stick them together with tape, and mount the tree panel onto the resulting mat.
- Wind linen thread round the bottom and tie a knot.
- Tear a piece of 'snowy' designer paper and adhere to a Kraft card base made from an A5 piece of card stock scored and folded. Stamp a sentiment across the card base and the dp.
- Attach the focal panel with dimensionals. Sponge the edge of the card base.
Stamps: Trendy Trees, Occasional Greetings
Ink: Always Artichoke, Real Red, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White craft ink for sponging
Card stock: Kraft, Old Olive, Various scraps for the baubles
Other: Scallop square and 1/4" circle punches, linen thread, Sweet Pea designer paper stack
Don't forget that Trendy Trees isn't the only two step stamp set on special offer this month. Have a look at the table below and consider snapping up a bargain.
If you see anything you'd like, just drop me an email - I'm always happy to help.
Hope you have a happy Monday!