Here's my offering for this gorgeous sketch:
I am a huge fan of one-layer cards as they are easy to mail and can be very classy-looking. I'm also an enormous fan of this wonderful stamp set - it's one of those amazing sets that is perfect for anybody on almost any occasion. In fact, it's quite hard to think of something it wouldn't work for!
Of course I couldn't make the card without making a matching gift bag...
Yay! It's the return of the bag-a-lope! Now, who couldn't you give this set to? Answers on a postcard please...!
Here's how to make the card:
- Cut a piece of Whisper White card stock 9cm x 18cm (3 1/2" x 7"), score and cold in half to make a card blank.
- Stamp a sentiment, then stamp a design above and to the sides of it. Fabulously fast!
Here's how to make the matching bag-a-lope:
- Cut the sticky top off a C5 envelope.
- Score 2cm (3/4") in from each edge except the open one and crease the score lines with a bone folder.
- Stamp a design on both sides
- Open out into a bag shape and fix the triangular flaps under the bag with the super-strong Sticky Strip (While doing this, don't forget to say in an advertising voice: 'Sticky Strip - for complete and utter confidence'!)
- Cut an oval through both layers at the top of your bag with the large oval punch.
- Once you've filled your bag (mine contains a box of brads and a spool of ribbon) you can close it with ribbon if you like.
Stamps: Seeing Stars, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Cherry Cobbler, Night of Navy, Marina Mist
Card stock: Whisper White
Other (for bag-a-lope): White C5 envelope, Real Red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, Marina Mist 1/8" taffeta ribbon, large oval punch
We had the most wonderful, relaxing weekend away with my brother-in-law and his family. It was lovely to catch up with him and his lovely wife while the cousins romped about like puppies - and it was carnival weekend where they live so we also had an bonus outdoors evening of fun!
Hope you all had a great weekend too.
I'll be back tomorrow with a musical offering. Intrigued? See you then!