Pages

Thursday 19 January 2012

Three Minute Thursday Borderlines


Oh just look at the ColourQ inspiration photo this week!


Isn't it gorgeous? I love these colours together and decided to use them on today's three-minute card. Come and have a look:


I'm rather pleased with this design! It's really fast to cut and stamp, it's flat for easy posting and it could cover quite a lot of different occasions - all in all, a very useful card! You could dress it up if you wanted to with gems or ribbon or punched flowers but, being a CAS kind of a girl, I like it as it is.


I used a 'thank you' sentiment from Thank You Kindly but pretty much any sentiment would work!


The leafy image is one of three long images in the Borderlines set from the new mini catalogue. I love how detailed it is and its undulating shape makes it perfect for this kind of design. I have the set in clear mount and found it easy to see where the image would stamp without using my stamp-a-majig. (I used my beloved stamp-a-majig for my sentiment though!)

Supplies needed for this card:
Stamps: Borderlines, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Island Indigo, Rich Razzleberry, Wisteria Wonder, Bravo Burgundy
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Corner rounder, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these supplies for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I am committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to help and advise. Just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593. 

Yesterday two polite and efficient young men came round and fitted the rest of my carpets in two hours flat, moving furniture as they went - in stark contrast to the two guys who came just before Christmas, took all day to fit two empty rooms and the stairs, and abandoned the job! The discussion at dinner last night was all about carpets and in particular a rug to protect the area in front of the fire. "Oh is that what it's for!" said my oldest son. "I always thought that was there for dogs and cats to sleep on!"


Tuppence wouldn't dream of sleeping on the floor, fire or no fire!  She believes the sofas have been put there for her exclusive use and when anyone comes to sit on them she thinks they've turned up to groom her! Sometimes though it's...yawn... just a bit too much effort to be stroked... please come back later!

I hope you've enjoyed browsing here today. I shall be back tomorrow with something a bit delicious looking... hope to see you then!

Hugs,

32 comments:

  1. What a sweet way to use these colors, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love these colours, and I think your CAS design is just super!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty, I love the simplicity and colours of this card. I might try something similar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Great job with those colours, Vicky. I love the design of your card, and as you said, it would suit most occasions:)

    Tuppence looks soooo cosy...Bless her:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and oh-so-sweet-kitty.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the colours V!! Wish I had them so I could join in too! Your card is just gorgeous and so is your kitty cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry have been a bit lax on the commenting this week Vicky (work seems to have got in the way!) but have loved all your cards however today's is an absolute stunner. Can't beat CAS can you??
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card Vicky. I like that you corner rounded just the one corner and altered the lengths of the vines. The colours look great together. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVELY! Great colours and I just adore that leafy stamp xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky, sounds like your cat would get along with my two ! The floor is definetley no place for animals. Mine want to sit on my knee whilst I'm crafting !! Fabulous CAS card very stylish and beautifully stamped as always.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love it........I was beginning to think that this stamp set had passed you by as I immediately thought of you when I saw it! Glad to see I wasn't wrong.
    So pleased that your carpet saga has ended too.
    Does your son have an imaginary dog or is he just hoping?
    L x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Vicky, I always love to see your creations....this is CAS at its very best! That leafy vine is perfect for so many things! Thanks so much for playing with us this week! And your Tuppence reminds me a bit of our Pumpkin....she makes herself at home just anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Vicky

    Your card is gorgeous and I love the colours.
    The leafy vine is perfect for any occasion, and I love how the vine is various lengths.
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your beautifully stamped card, Vicky, so pretty! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I soooo love the look of these colours together. Unfortunately, as yet, I don't have any of the in colours, so wasn't able to have a go. I love what you've done with this new stamp. You have a knack of picking the stamps that you wouldn't necessarily notice, and doing amazing things with them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is super - I love how the pattern repeats yet it's still so CAS.
    I love Tuppence too - we have a Lottie who is of exactly the same mind when it comes to sofas, beds or piles of ironing......
    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fab idea for a CAS card that needs CASING!! Brilliant Vicky, loving Tuppence too:)
    Val x
    ps we had some carpet bits left after our hall carpet was fitted and a local wholesale carpet place trimmed and whipped them and we now have a hall runner! All for £12, great idea for rugs to match your new carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card and the colours are gorgeous. I love the simplicity of it. That's another stamp I may have to add to my want list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card you have made. Like you said it can be dressed up with some bling or leave as is. Your cat looks extremely comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love everything about this card, colours, simplicity, corner detail, it all just goes together. Our pampered pussies sure know how to make themselves comfortable - oh to be a cat sometimes! Helen (Sydney)

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a clever card design and like you say, could be easily adapted to many different occasions. I think I need to have a fresh look at my border type stamps... Tuppence is adorable! My cat has similar attitudes to sofas and beds!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous design Vicky and those colours are calling to me this week at ColourQ too :)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Vicky,
    I have managed to 'follow' at last. This is a lovely CAS card and the colours look grand together. Tuppence is a beauty, I have one just like her who lolls around all day on sofa's or beds. It used to be the Sky box until I pushed it out of her reach!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You should be please with this design is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just love these sweet polka dot vines! Very cute card. And the picture of your kitty is adorable ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card and awesome use of the colors! Thanks for joining us...hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a pretty CAS card! I really like the horizontal flow to your design:) Thanks for playing at colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Vicky this is such a fantastic CAS card. It turned out so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wonderful CAS design! You're right, this would be perfect for so many occasions. I love that vine stamp! So glad you joined us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful card, Vicky - love the CAS style! Thank you so much for playing with us at the colourQ this week!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)