Pages

Wednesday 30 May 2012

Shapely Apothecary Art

I wasn't satisfied that my shaped card yesterday was CAS enough and, since the Less is More challenge is all about er... less being more, I thought I'd try and redeem myself with a different idea. Come and have a look:


This is a shape cut out with the largest of my new Labels framelits and mounted onto the same colour card base to create a shape. Does this count?! I cut the bottom point off so that the card would stand nicely. The framelits are a nesting set and they coordinate with the lovely Apothecary Art stamp set so I was able to stamp this gorgeous image and cut it out with a smaller version of the card shape.


Here's a close-up of that pretty floral image. I stamped it in Lucky Limeade and coloured those delicate flowers using Blushing Bride and Pretty in Pink markers and adding Early Espresso dots. That gorgeous swirly sentiment is from Thank You Kindly and I thought it worked well with the ornate label shapes.


I ran some Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon behind the white label as I thought the card needed a little something. A pretty bow seemed to work well with the feminine image.

Here's what you'll need to make today's card:
Stamps: Apothecary Art, Thank You Kindly
Ink: Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade
Card stock: Crumb Cake, Whisper White
Other: Markers, Labels framelits, Big Shot, seam binding in Crumb Cake, stamp-a-majig
I'd be delighted to order any of these items for you and can have them delivered to your address in the UK. I'm committed to providing excellent customer service and am always happy to offer help and advice. To place your order, just send me an email or give me a call on 01280 820593.

My daughter has been trying out some new hairstyles and is delighted to have mastered the fishtailed plait. Being my daughter however, she had to show me while making fishy faces by sucking in her cheeks and pushing her lips out. Very attractive I'm sure!

It's Three Minute Thursday here tomorrow and I have a plan in my head involving inchies which I hope will turn out... Do come back and see!

Hugs,

30 comments:

  1. OMGOodness, this is a wonderful SHAPED card. I love seeing what you can do with that Apothecary stamp set, and now the SU label dies. You have so many variations!
    Well done.
    Cheers, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful Vicky. I don't think anyone makes Kraft cards as stunning as yours. The shaped panel is a very elegant feature.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! I love your idea of tone-on-tone shape on a card...I've not seen that before...and the sweet coloring backed by Kraft is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fab Vicky, I just love kraft card!
    I think I need to see a pic of a fishtail plait... not sure I know what one is, it sounds intriguing!
    Thanks again.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pure elegance Vicky. I am glad you included a close up of those flowers - they are so beautifully done that initially I thought you had used a premade topper! Hugs, Buttons x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Vicky! The colours and shape are gorgeous and the floral image stunning.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Vicky..must say I do like these new dies...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Vicky and spookily similarities a card I just made for my niece and nephew for their anniversary. Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog and for becoming a follower.
    Hugs
    Wynneth
    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card Vicky and love the shape. The way the sentiment and ribbon width is the same is fantastic, clever planning.

    Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely shaped card. I love this shape. WIth the kraft paper it gives a very elegant card.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very elegant card and looks super in the Crumb Cake. Mmm need a pic of the fishtail plait too. I can do normal plaits but I'm all fingers and thumbs at any others. Besides my daughter wont sit still long enough for me to practice! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicky, I so love this card..the shape and colours are lovely...thanks so much on commenting on my blog...♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty and the crumb cake binding and card give a nice vintage feel. It's good to have some different shapes to play with from SU - hope they do more in the future - roll on September !!! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very very pretty . . . I love the colours you have used. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is my favourite stamp out of Apothecary Art. Those flowers are just exquisite and look gorgeous stamped in Lucky Limeade. A beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shape and it's gorgeous on the kraft card. Fab stamping as well:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  17. This card is very elegant and stylish. The design and colors are just perfect. Beautiful Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is very pretty Vicky, the stamped frame is so detailed it hardly needs anything else. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful colored and I love the way the label hangs off the edge of the card! Wonderful idea and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A beautiful caqrd Vicky, I love the shape. The Kraft card looks brilliant with your colours.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a lovely card this is Vicky, really beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow Vicky this is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so lovely Vicky, I love the shape and the pretty stamps too, well done. Can just picture your daughter's face lol :)Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely, and those stamps fit together so perfectly to look beautiful! The colours are great and I love the seam binding - need to get my paws on some of that! M x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous Vicky. Love the shape and that you`ve used Kraft. All your colours go perfectly together.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. A fish faced daughter indeed lol Bless her
    A superb card, I loved your other but love this equally!
    Thanks for your comment on my blog, I really did LOL
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh! I really love these apothecary art stamps, Vicky. Beautiful BIG label. So softly coloured and lovely matching bow, too xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ok so whats a fish tail platt then i need photo proof !! complete with fishy faces though ! Beautiful and stylish card my friend as always ever so elegant and beautiful shape.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really loved your butterfly card... it was novel and CAS but this is equally pretty and dainty :0)
    Gorgeous colours teamed with Kraft.
    Never having long hair, I would love to know what fish-tailed plaits are??
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)