Pages

Friday 18 October 2013

Simply Stars - your chance to shine!

I am a woman of a certain age (well okay, 51 if you must know!) who gave up work to stay at home with my babies and, like many women who choose to do this, found myself out of the loop when it came to returning to work when the children were older. I don't mind admitting that there were some difficult moments when I started looking for work but starting my own Stampin' Up business was definitely the answer for me. It has given me enormous satisfaction, an income, more free crafting supplies than I can ever hope to use (although I really do my best!) and a whole bunch of supportive colleagues many of whom have become good friends. I had no idea when I started whether I could make it work, but I did - and you could too. Normally the starter kit costs £99 but until Monday, you can join Stampin' Up for just £25! It's the perfect, risk-free chance to see if it could work for you. Click here for more info, or contact me by email or by phone on 01280 820593 if you want to bombard me with questions!

My team is called the Inkredibles and that is such an apt name. I made today's project for one of my team members after she promoted to her next Stampin' Up title. She is such a star that I had to use the Simply Stars stamp set for her card! Come and see:


The designer paper strips are from the Quatrefancy speciality pack - I adore these bright papers. I teamed them with the Filmstrip stamp, the stamped and cut-out stars and Stampin' Up's super-sparkly rhinestones.


Of course when a girl has been working this hard, she needs chocolate! I love to wrap bars in coordinating papers, stack them and tie them up with ribbon. Have you spotted that gorgeous tag nestling under the seam binding bow? It's from Chalk Talk and I can't stop using it!


To celebrate the title, my lovely teamie was sent a special pin and certificate from Stampin' Up but, from me, she received another handmade charm to clip onto her Inkredibles charm bracelet. I made a little envelope to package it in and added another of the Chalk Talk labels to the front.


I loved making this project for my friend and I know she enjoyed receiving it! Do think about joining during this special £25 starter kit promotion won't you - and who knows, I could soon be making one of these gift sets to celebrate YOUR promotion!

Here's what you'll need to make this project
Stamps: Chalk Talk, Simply Stars, Filmstrip, Express Yourself
Ink: Strawberry Slush, Pumpkin Pie, Stazon black
Card stock: Whisper White
Other: Quatrefancy designer paper, Designer paper stack in Brights, Pool Party seam binding and bakers twine, Basic rhinestones, Itty Bitty punch set, 1 3/8" circle punch, Chalk Talk framelits, Big Shot, stamp-a-majig

Crafting Clare online shop, shopping with Vicky Hayes, Stampin Up clearance rack
You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.
Customers placing orders of £250+
will get a whopping £65 worth of freebies during October!
If you'd prefer to spread the cost of your crafty stash, but still get
freebies as well as handmade gifts and cards and complementary catalogues,
why not consider joining my Stampers 6 club?

I hope you have a great weekend lined up. I'm hoping for dry weather so that I can tackle the triffids in the front garden - our house is beginning to look a bit like Boo Radley's house!

See you very soon,

8 comments:

  1. What a fabulous gift - your team must love you! Great colours too. BTW congrats to your teamie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh she's a lucky girl! Congrats to her on her promotion.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky - I really enjoyed reading your post today and can absolutely relate to it ! As for the projects- they are gorgeous - love the colours with a pop of soft sky ! Have a great day ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful matching gifts Vicky, the papers are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could be on your team you really spoil them rotten ! You have created such a beautiful gift package and an amazing source of inspiration for your team mates. 51 ! I don't believe it you look amazing.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really??? I had you down for early 40's!
    The orange and pink in the projects are fab together.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky
    Love the gift set you have made.... The cardbis gorgeous... Colours divine...,
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)