Pages

Wednesday 29 January 2014

Another idea for the Sale-a-bration Accessory Pack

So Sale-a-bration has started with a bang and it's now even more of a pleasure to shop for Stampin' Up goodies as you can choose a great free gift with every £45 you spend! The new spring/summer catalogue has gone live too and it's lovely to see my customers get more for their money when buying the exciting new goodies.

I just haven't been able to stop making things with those wonderful Sale-a-bration freebies and today I have another card to show you using the Accessories kit.


I used Jen's sketch from Less is More for this one. The card base is a tone-on-tone speciality card stock called Natural Composition that works well with the gorgeous self-adhesive cork embellishments in the free Sweet Sorbet Accessories Pack.


Aren't these flowers gorgeous? I've embellished one of them with a bow made with some of the cord that also comes with the Accessory Pack. The flowers are positioned in a strip of washi tape, in a gap made using the Banner punch, another Sale-a-bration freebie.


I wanted the side of the strip stamped with a sentiment to overlap the side of the card so I stuck it to some card stock first to make it strong enough. The corners of the card were given a nice curved finish using the corner rounder on my envelope board (which remains out on my desk at all times!)

Here's the sketch I was using today:



Here's what you'll need to make this card
Stamps: Happy Watercolour (sentiment)
Ink: Stazon black
Card stock: Natural Composition speciality designer card stock, Whisper White
Other: Epic Day This and That washi tape, Sweet Sorbet Accessories kit and banner punch (Sale-a-bration freebies), envelope board (for rounding corners), Essentials piercing template, mat and tool, stamp-a-majig

You can order from my online shop any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

Cork always reminds me of the bit in Harry Potter where the Weasley twins are taking the mickey out of their big brother Percy. Harry is being greeted by Percy when the twins take over:
"Harry!" said Fred, elbowing Percy out of the way and bowing deeply. "Simply splendid to see you old boy!"
"Marvellous," said George, pushing Fred aside and seizing Harry's hand in turn. "Absolutely spiffing!"
Percy scowled.
"That's enough now," said Mrs Weasley.
"Mum!" said Fred as though he'd only just spotted her, and seized her hand too. "How really corking to see you!"
And there we are - a master class in how to deal with someone who's being a pompous idiot!

See you tomorrow,

8 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous little card, Vicky! LOVE how you've used the yummy new products. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card and must remember to try the twine through the flower, looks really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks amazing Vicky!
    Love the colour combo too.
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous Vicky, I love that tone on tone cardstock, it works really well with the cork flowers.

    Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fab card Vicky, love that cardstock! Cute idea to use the twine through the flower, very effective:)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card Vicky :) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Vicky - love it! Nx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)