Pages

Monday 17 February 2014

Rev up the birthday boy!

I had so much fun with Stampin' Up's Rev Up the Fun stamp set at the weekend that I had to make another card with it! Here's what I came up with this time:


Very CAS but lots of detail. The stamps in this set are great for collage-style stamping and a stamp-a-majig is handy for getting all the images exactly where you want them. I love my stamp-a-majig and rarely stamp without it. If you're interested in learning how to use one I have a video tutorial coming out on Thursday, so look out for that.


I'm almost as in love with the tyre marks as I am with the chevron paper and the candy dots...


... and that stencil-style sentiment too! I like the clean lines of the vehicles in this stamp set and there are also several 'texture' stamps which I always find great fun to use.

I used the sketch from CASE this Sketch to make this card:


and I shall also be linking up again with Less is More where Masculine cards are the order of the day.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Stamps: Rev Up the fun wood or cling
Ink: Crushed Curry, Crumb Cake classic inks, plus Regals markers
Card stock: Whisper White
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND

I love the way the car in this card looks in vibrant yellow and could be very happy with a car this colour. In fact,  I'm not sure that it wouldn't turn me into some kind of super hero: "Quick kids - into the Banana-mobile!"

See you tomorrow,


26 comments:

  1. Brilliant card for a guy Vickie! Love those cool colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yet ANOTHER cool male card! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky - sorry I've not been around for a while, I have been looking in from time to time though. This set is fab and I love what you are doing with it - perfect for boys. Hope you had a great weekend - Jacqueline xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! I love this Vicky :D x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab masculine card Vicky - it's fresh and modern, unlike most male cards! Sorry I haven't commented recently but your cards are as gorgeous as ever x x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful masculine design Vicky.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Flying visit in between the coughing fits! Think this is a terrific male card Vicky - love the tyre marks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really into yellow at the moment so I think your car is perfect! Also a fun fact: Did you know yellow is the safest colour for a car as it is the most visible on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super stamping... another superb submission Vicky!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky
    Love this variation on a theme, perfect card for a chap
    Thanks for joining Less is More's masculine challenge this week
    Anne
    Guest "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I could see you tearing up and down the lanes in this car, Vicky! :) Awesome colour and those tire tracks really are cool. Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is fabulous! I love your fantastic take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super LIM card Vicky, love the bright yellow car and those tyre tracks:) Viv xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm with Jen..... definitely a car for you!!! I love the collage layout.... Perfect placement as always :0)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card, Vicky. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a perfectly designed card ... the placement & colors are wonderful ... love those stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adore your card for this sketch! So fun and perfectly masculine. Huge congrats to you on your well deserved win!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats on your well deserved win at CTS! Your card is really fabulous...I love the color combo, and the car is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on winning - well-deserved, it's brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Awesome take on the challenge, Vicky! Congratulations on the win at CTS!!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. fabulous! love your card design! I have some stamps I want to try this with! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  22. CONGRATULATIONS on being Showcased at Less is More with this card, well deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  23. And .... yippee, another WIN! Congratulations on being showcased at LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  24. Another fab card Vicky! Congrats on being showcased again at LIM - well deserved! Nx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)