Pages

Thursday 13 March 2014

Oh Sassy Sal - You are Lovely!

I have been hopping about making excited hooting noises for a little while now because I've been asked to be a guest designer for this week's CAS(e) This Sketch! I am such a fan of this challenge where the sketches always get my mojo going and there's always so much inspiration from the amazing design team too. Here's the sketch along with a photo I took for colour ideas:



And here's the card I came up with:


I'm loving Stampin' Up's Hardwood background stamp! To get this effect, it was stamped in Baked Brown Sugar ink on Whisper White card stock and then rubbed over with a Pistachio Pudding ink pad. I stuck an oval over the banners and cut the aperture with a smaller oval before placing it on my card front.


The daffodils, from the free Sale-a-bration stamp set You Are Lovely, were stamped, coloured with markers, fussy cut and glued inside the frame. I liked the way the Sassy Salutations sentiment nestled perfectly in the shape it made. The card was finished with cord from the Accessories Pack - another free gift with the Sale-a-bration promotion!

• Find out how to get your free Sale-a-bration gift here. The promotion ends at the end of this month so don't miss out!

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Stamps: Sassy Salutations wood or cling, Hardwood wood or cling
You're Lovely (free with Sale-a-bration) wood or cling
Ink: Baked Brown Sugar, Pistachio Pudding classic inks, plus markers
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

CHOOSE A FREE SALE-A-BRATION GIFT WITH EVERY £45 YOU SPEND (excl. p&p)

My daughter (the one that cheekily calls me Crafting Clare!) finds Stampin' Up names fascinating and recently amused me by calling the sentiment stamp set I used today 'Sassy Sal'. Wisteria Wonder is now 'Hysteria Wonder' in our house, Pacific Point is 'Specific Point' and So Saffron has to be pronounced with heavy and sarcastic emphasis on the 'so'. If it's not funny enough on its own, she simply adds an 's' (Melons Mambo, Garden Greens etc). As if crafting isn't entertaining enough on its own!

See you tomorrow,


10 comments:

  1. Congrats on your GDT spot! Gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Vicky on being the guest designer! I'm not surprised as you are so talented! Love Sharon (NI)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sketch and matching card Vicky. Congrats on your guest spot.

    I LOVE your family's word play!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well deserved GDT, Congratulations.

    The card is as always just lovely and very Springy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Vicky and a lovely card.
    Forgive my lack of commenting lately, I will try and get back on track soon,
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done on your GDT spot Vicky, love the sketch and your interpretation of it :o)
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on being the DGT at CTS!
    Your card is so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your well deserved Guest DT spot, Vicky! Your card is absolutely beautiful! I love the yellow daffodils...so pretty with your woodgrain background!
    Your daughter must be a lot of fun..love your family's spin on the SU names, too (I've always thought they were amusing)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooooh huge congrats for being a guest designer at CAS(E) This Sketch! Yay!! Love the card! The oval frame is fab and the Hardwood background looks fab! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love this card and me makes me so excited for things to start feeling springy here! ;) Thanks so much for being an awesome guest designer for us this week at CTS. You rocked the sketch!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)