Pages

Monday 7 July 2014

Something for Baby from Stampin' Up - for a little girl

I mentioned last week that Stampin' Up's Something for Baby is my new number one favourite stamp set! I've been having a whale of a time with it so you'll be seeing lots of ideas here - and not just baby cards either! Today I do have a baby card to show you though - come and see:


I just love the little safety pin in this set! I used markers to colour the rubber before stamping, missing out a little part of the pin so that it looks as if it's been pinned onto the label. The two part sentiment from Petite Pairs seemed to fit round the pin perfectly.


The label was cut using one of the Deco Labels framelits and I used one of the papers from the Subtles Designer Paper Stacks as a background to set it off. The card is made using Pink Pirouette to welcome a baby girl but it could easily be swapped for Soft Sky for a little boy.

I'll just going to have time to link this card up with The Card Concept where their Oh Baby theme is about to close today; and I'll also enter the Make Your Mark challenge at Addicted to Stamps and More as I used markers to create the pin effect.

HERE'S WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO MAKE THIS CARD
(Click on each item to find it quickly in my shop) 
Card stock: Whisper White
Click above to place an order any time, day or night,
but if you have any queries, or prefer to speak to me, I'm always happy to help.
You can contact me by email or phone on 01280 820593.

We had such a lovely weekend helping my husband celebrate his birthday. On the Saturday (or should that be satyrday!) we visited the Hell Fire Caves at Wycombe (which, for one reason or another, we seem to have missed!) It was with some trepidation that we approached the caves...


... although this sign reassured us slightly. Homemade cakes and cream teas didn't sound too hellish! Things got much scarier on the pathway to the caves though when we encountered a pair of devlish-looking creatures:


What a pair of loons!

The story of the caves themselves was extraordinary and it occurred to me that those 18th century aristo chappies probably had rather too much money and time on their hands!

See you tomorrow.


10 comments:

  1. So then, as I understand it, the whole bunch of you are loonish?! That's so sweet that you share that characteristic!! Your baby card is also sweet, Vicky, as it should be for a wee baby girl! I love that diaper pin image!! We are seat mates in the gallery at TCC and have thought alike again! (Well, in that we both made little pink cards for little girls.) I'll put the kettle, er, drinks trolley out for your visit! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, your card is absolutely adorable. I love how you have missed a bit the safety pin.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful birthday card Vicky love the image...look like you had. Great weekend

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love what you have done Vicky, a darling card for a baby girl.

    Hope you didn't get too scared with those monsters LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is totally adorable. As for the two devils, perhaps not so much lol :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky! Such simple baby sweetness! This is just darling and I am so glad you shared it with us at The Card Concept this week! Now off to read about the story of the caves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card and I'm glad you had a lovely weekend

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What s adorable card! The pink background and the image is so sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your post is sheer delight; I particularly enjoyed seeing the 'loon' species! Hilarious! Your baby card is adorable!! Soft, sweet and darling! Thank you for sharing at ATSM!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely in soft pink. Love the BG :) Thank you for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)