Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2020

A basket of flowers

Hello crafting friends!

Checking the card-making challenges is the perfect way to take my mind off all the things buzzing around it! Planning a card just seems to block everything else. Come and see what I've been up to:


This basket is from a set called Hen Pecked by Artistry Inc, which sadly closed its doors shortly after I bought it. It is usually a basket of eggs but I have enjoyed filling it with apples (here) and kittens (here). Today, I decided to fill it with flowers :)


I stamped the basket directly onto the card panel, and then again on an off cut of white card stock. Then, using alcohol markers, I coloured the handle on the card panel and the basket and cloth on the off cut. The off cut basket was fussy cut and laid aside while I stamped the flowers (from Hello and Thanks by WPlus9.) These were coloured and fussy cut in the same way.


Time to assemble the card! I glued two strips of striped designer paper to the bottom of the card panel, added the fussy cut basket on top, then arranged the flowers, popping one cluster up on dimensionals. The sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks was attached and the whole panel cut out with a stitched rectangle die by Heffy Doodles.

CHALLENGES
Hopefully, I'm just about in time to link up with Inspired By, where the inspiration is this beautiful image: (Edited to add: I DID manage to make the card in time AND post it... but forgot to link it lol)


AND IN OTHER NEWS
There are definitely fewer people around now when I take Eva out for her long walk, so she has been able to scamper about off lead. I've noticed that she sometimes gets the zoomies when we're out, which she hasn't really done since she was a puppy. Covid 19 has stopped her from playing with her doggy pals and I'm pretty sure she misses crazy canine play. I've tried introducing more games of tug and fetch and hide and seek, but I get the impression that I'm not a very exciting playmate!


Of course, I don't think she's THAT unhappy, do you?!!

How is the virus affecting your life?

Hugs,

12 comments:

  1. Another great CAS card, lovely basket and a great idea to cut out the flowers.
    Eva looks like she is settled for the day and she is not going to move for anyone.
    Funny that you have seen fewer people out, we have been shocked by the number of people who have walked past our house, that we have never seen before, but just behind our house is a sort of country walk that suddenly seems to have suddenly been discovered, think they will get a shock how far it goes though.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are loads more people than before the virus but it was really heaving with people when lockdown was first announced and seems to have slacked off a bit now. Stay safe Kath x

      Delete
  2. Very pretty basket of flowers.
    Eva looks very happy . . . Like she's smiling & loving life.

    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there's a happier dog in Britain! xxx

      Delete
  3. That basket is definitely proving value for money Vicky - your card is a perfect take on the Inspired By photo too (if it makes you feel any better, I do that all the time too!) I think it’s not just Eva who’s missing interaction with her pals - my kids go a little bit stir crazy at times too, and I’d do anything to be able to escape for a cup of coffee sometimes. Hopefully it will all be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't believe that you do this too Joanne - you're much too organised! Bless you wanting to get out for coffee *raises cup of virtual coffee* Keep going and remember that it will all pass in the end x

      Delete
  4. Lovely craftiness to share as always Vicky, thank you. Say safe and well.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the flowers in the basket but the kitten in the basket is definitely my favourite!
    Chica is not one for playmates (we have no idea what she went through in the 7 years before we got her) so she's not missing any doggie buddies. She is living her best life having us around all the time. I think she'll be devastated when life returns to normal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes, a basket of kittens is what baskets were made for! Bless little Chica, it takes all sorts of personalities to make a world and that goes for dogs too. I was saying the other day that for most dogs, the corona virus has meant having their humans around all the time, and they love it :)

      Delete
  6. A Beautiful card Vicky, I love the tablecloth popping out.
    Keep safe and well
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And there was me thinking it was a tea towel! Take care Faith, x

      Delete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)