Pages

Tuesday 30 May 2023

Stenciled Blooms

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Isn't it wonderful to receive new stash in the post?! I was lucky enough to win a voucher from The Flower Challenge a few months ago and spent it at the wonderful Seven Hills Crafts (which is the exclusive stockist of The Greetery products in the UK - and you know just how much I love those fab Greetery products!) Tara and Rick, who run Seven Hills, work tirelessly to bring popular US brands into the inky little fingers of crafters and are well worth a browse if you are in the UK or Europe and don't want to pay crazy shipping costs.
 

This card was required at short notice and I rustled it up in no time with The Greetery's Always In Bloom stencil. I stenciled the flowers on the top half of a card panel then flipped it upside down and repeated the stenciling on the bottom half. Detail was added to the flowers and leaves with coloured pencils.
 

I stamped one of my favourite Clearly Besotted birthday sentiments in between the upper and lower stenciled flowers before trimming the sides of the panel away with a stitched rectangle die. Finally, I sponged a little ink on the edges of a card base before attaching the panel to it.

CHALLENGES
I used a stencil so I'm joining in at Allsorts where Lorraine's theme is Use a Stencil or Anything Goes; also Happy Little Stampers Stencil Challenge where Anything Goes; and Crazy is our Fame - Stencils are our Game where Anything Goes with optional theme of Flowers. I also enjoyed using Never Before Used Schtuff so I'm sharing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge too.
 
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
Poor Eva is exhausted today. We went for a walk a bit further afield yesterday as I'm trying to build up her tolerance to the car as she'll be coming with us to my daughter's wedding. She was not happy I'm afraid. She perked up once we started on the walk... until on the way back, our way was blocked by a group of young heifers at a gate. Eva is afraid of cows but luckily I am a farmer's daughter and nipped through the gate and herded them away to the far side of the field! She was not impressed though.
 

Today we had one of Eva's pals round for the day but Eva had no energy to play. Look at this aggrieved little face! Guess who is feeling like a very bad dog mummy today :/

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. Fabulous stencil work on this lovely card. Great sentiment too.

    Poor Eva does look a bit aggrieved, as you said! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous not summer colours in your beautiful stencilled card,poor Eva looks exhausted with the heat

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous, Vicky! Such a clever way to use that pretty stencil. Lovely colors. Thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful, symmetrical design using lovely colours too. Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for my Challenge this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautifully stencilled card. Very welcome at Allsorts this week so thank you for sharing. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, lovely stencil.
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eva definitely looks like she's saying "how could you, Mum"! Your stenciling is beautiful! Love the details you added with the pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautifully stenciled card, I am a The Greetery fan too, glad you have a place in the UK to purchase from!! We had golden girls but both have passed, I loved them so much, we now have a goldendoodle and he is sweetie too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Vicky! Hope Eva is feeling better today xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous card Vicki, love the stencil and the perfect sentiment in between. AW! Poor Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Playing catch up as still having to restrict screen time, lovely creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous card. I like how you added extra dimension and character with colored pencils. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Stencil Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seven hills and usually order a ton of stuff when I know I Am coming to the UK to bring back to Greece they really are a life saver. What a pretty card and I just love these layering stencils really helps the likes of me who can't colour inside the lines.You did a beautiful job looks so pretty. Poor Eva looks so tired and feeling sorry for herself. My doggies don't like the car either especially my Rosy the porky Frenchie who had a tendency to be car sick for many years.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is gorgeous, love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)