Pages

Saturday 17 June 2023

After the flood

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Happy Saturday and welcome to a new challenge at Addicted to CAS! Nancy has chosen the code word for this coming fortnight:
 

Everyone likes the colours of the rainbow don't they! I've based my card on the actual rainbow. In the story of Noah in the Bible, it appears after a cataclysmic flood and is a sign of God's promise that the world will never again be destroyed by flood.
 

My rainbow was made by tracing around the tops of The Greetery's Nesting Arch dies. I coloured it with coloured pencils and partially covered it with storm cloud cut from a snippet of grey card with one of Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud border dies. I added a sentiment from MFT's All Occasion Sentiments, stamped in red ink on an offcut of vellum, heat embossed with clear embossing powder and trimmed with sharp paper snips. The card was finished with bright enamel dots to pick out some of the rainbow colours.
 

Okay, so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog and check out all the fabulous cards my team mates have made to inspire you. You'll find the Linky Tool at the end of the post and you can use it to share your own creation. Don't forget we are a clean and simple challenge so do make sure you include plenty of clear space when you design your card. We can't wait to see what you make!
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Happy Little Stampers Die Challenge, where Anything Using Dies Goes; Also the Snippets Playground, where we go to share cards using our snippets and there are amazing prizes to be won too!



AND IN OTHER NEWS
My eldest son is staying with us at the moment. He wandered in the other day and my husband asked how he was. "Just ticking along?" he enquired. My son assured him that he was ticking along nicely thank you. This exchange made me laugh. "You're like a little clock aren't you," I teased. "What do you mean?" asked my son. "Only right twice a day?!"

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. A brilliant design Vicky,love your layout and choice of sentiment, my eldest had several fun phrases he uses,

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pretty take on the theme Vicky.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a lovely card to perk someone up with.

    Thanks for submitting your homework to the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND. Come and join me, Di and Dudley for cooling refreshments at the picnic tables x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Vicky - a perfect sentiment too. I do love that conversation with your son - he's rather a wag isn't he!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bit of a chuckle here - both Eva and Dudley are wags as well! I think that was a Freudian slip in my comment just posted :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card, we all need a rainbow sometimes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty rainbow peeking out from the storm cloud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweet card and anecdote, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful design, Vicky.... I love the rainbow peeking out from behind those dark clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card with a great message.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic rainbow and love the use of the grey really sets off the gorgeous rainbow colours.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I love the CAS design. Great to see you in the HLS gallery. I hope you will join us again soon! Nandini - DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty card. I like how you have the storm cloud with the rainbow. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge. Apologies for the late comment.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)