Pages

Saturday 15 July 2023

Hearty Birthday wishes

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's Saturday and if you're looking for a little crafting inspiration, Toni has chosen a brand new word prompt for you at Addicted to CAS:
 
 
If I'm honest, Toni's word choice made me think of my ever-growing craft wish list but I put that firmly to one side and came up with a cute feminine birthday card instead! I pulled out some bits and pieces from my snippets box and had a little think about what stamps to use with them, and here's what I came up with:
 

The die cut stitched rectangle was a left-over from making a frame. I masked off an area for a sentiment and stamped a pinstripe from Uniko in yellow ink. In the white space revealed when removing the mask, I stamped a lovely wish sentiment from Altenew using a dark coral ink. Towards the top of the rectangle, I added the birthday girl sentiment directly on the pinstripe. For extra interest, I stamped the line of hearts from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks at the top and bottom.


Now for the cake! I reached for my favourite cupcake stamp from Sugar Rush by Walter & Winnie (sadly no longer trading.) I stamped the cupcake, adding the patterned cake case and a candle, and fussy cutting the whole thing as a single item. After colouring in the icing and the candle, the cupcake was decorated with a diecut flower and leaves and popped up on dimensional pads. Finally, the rectangle was glued to a card base.

Okay, now its your turn! Do hop over to the Addicted to CAS challenge blog to check out all the wonderful inspiration from my team mates. You'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post and you can use it to share your own creation when you're ready. Remember, we are a clean and simple challenge so make sure your card has minimal layers and plenty of clear space. We can't wait to see what you come up with!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Seize The Birthday where the Optional Topping is Circles but I've gone for the Anything Goes option; also Happy Little Stampers Birthday where Anything Goes.
 


AND IN OTHER NEWS
So I'm back from my daughter's wedding where the sun shone and everything went pretty much according to plan. I say 'pretty much' because Eva, who was supposed to remain virtuously in the farmhouse kitchen, managed to persuade someone to let her out by the power of her big brown eyes and set off to find us all assembling for lunch in the marquee! My two sons, who know all her tricks, rounded her up efficiently before anything untoward happened, and when the food was removed she was allowed to come and join in with the celebrations :)

Sending hugs,

12 comments:

  1. A brilliant sentiment and cupcake image Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful bright and cheerful birthday card.
    So glad all went (reasonably) smoothly for the wedding and that the sun shone.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cupcake card, and so pleased the wedding went well. Eva was determined to be there! Look forward to some pics :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of the pinstripe stamp which I have neglected, thanks for the inspiration. It's a lovely card. Glad all went well for your daughter, poor Eva - at least she got to see some of the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wish makes me think of my craft list too! LOL This is a darling card, Vicky! I love your duo of colors and of course that cupcake. Thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday and I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another beautiful card Vicky, seems an age since I visited. Glad to hear the wedding went well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute & cheerful card Vicky! Great colours and a very tasty looking cupcake. Thanks for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super pretty card. Loving the color palette you chose and yummy-looking cupcake. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Birthday Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a dream day and Eva wanted to be part of it especially the food part if she is anything like my doglets.Adorable card and the cup cake looks good enough to eat.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a colourful and bright card. Thank you for joining us at Happy Little Stampers atg birthday challenge xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a lovely fun card. Like the soft colors. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers Birthday Challenge. Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)