Pages

Wednesday 8 November 2023

Big card for a big birthday

Hello, crafting friends!
 
One of my neighbours was having a big birthday so we all clubbed together for a gift and I was so excited to be asked to make a card for us all to sign to go with it. Come and see:
 

The card is a sheet of thick white A4 card, scored and folded in half, so it is twice the size of the cards I'm used to making - and that was a lot of fun! I cut a card panel with a large stitched rectangle die by Christina Griffiths and sponged in an inky background. I clapped wet hands over this to create movement and  texture and left it to dry.
 

To build up a background for my toadstool and leaf scene, I used inks and daubers and three stencils: Berry Branch by the Greetery and Uniko's Tiger Print and Natures Tresure. The leaves, from Fall Foliage by Reverse Confetti, were left overs from another project and the mushrooms are gorgeous textured die cuts from the Greetery's Toadstool Garden, coloured with ink and daubers. Everything was glued in place, the panel attached to the card front and, to finish, I stamped a sentiment from Uniko's Birthday Sentiments.
 
 
I made a little gift bag too, out of some Stampin' Up designer paper I've had for many a year! I added a tag cut with an arch die, and sponged and stenciled using the same elements as the card.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Happy Little Stampers Birthday challenge where Anything Birthday Goes; Ellie has chosen the theme of The Great Outdoors at Allsorts this week, so I'm joining in there too; I'm also playing along at November's Stencil Fun Challenge where Leaves are the optional theme.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
The clocks have gone back here which means the evenings are drawing in earlier and I'm finding it really hard to adjust to the dark this year. Anyone else? Off to make a hot water bottle and curl up with a rug over my knees...!

Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. I love the autumnal scene in your neighbour’s card with those cute as a button mushrooms! You always gift wrap presents so well too. I just bet everyone was delighted with your efforts xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Autumnal Birthday card,with a beautiful background,stencilling and diecut elements,the tag to match a fabulous finishing touch

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card for your neighbour Vicky, the leaves and strooms sit no nicely over the stencil work. Lovely to see you at Allsorts, thanks so much for joining in.

    Like you with these dark nights, basically I'm not a winter person. The girls are finding it hard to adjust as well, they seem to think they have been neglected when it gets dark and dinners still not arrived.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful and creative card and the gift bag and tag are so pretty and creative too!! I am having trouble adjusting to the time at night and my cats don't understand the hour difference and want to be fed earlier too, I have never liked the 'fall back' of time!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely thing to do for your neighbour, a beautiful card and so is the bag and tag. It does seem dark a lot at the moment! I struggled to drive this afternoon, the sun was so low, so bright, and I’m vertically challenged so the visor wasn’t much good! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts,
    DT Mervi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these toadstools and the beautiful background, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunner,the card,the tag,the box oh so beautiful.I love your woodland scene and those mushrooms are just perfect and so beautifully coloured. I bet your neighbour was just as impressed with the packaging as the gift inside.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card looks like a golden and very sunny autumn day. Really Beautiful!!!
    I don't like the fact that it's dark so early again. So now I have to go for a walk with Kaito sooner so that we can still make our rounds through the forest. But soon that won't be possible anymore. But there is other great news. Four little puppies were born on Halloween (3 boys, 1 girl) and if everyone stays healthy and happy, one of the boys will move in with us in January.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card has a beautiful Autumnal design. Thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Big is definitely beautiful, Vicky! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. A stunning card Vicky, a beautiful box too. As for the dark, I would like to hibernate from November to February. I'm a right misery during those months. So a hot water bottle sounds just about right for me hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so pretty with the floral spray in the corner - love it! Thanks for sharing with us at HLS Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo I remember that purple DSP. Beautiful card Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)