Pages

Wednesday 1 November 2023

Have faith

Hello, crafting friends!
 
Come and join me for a bit of embossing folder fun!
 
 
Today's card uses a folder from a Stampin' Up set of two called Floral Affection. (You can see how I used the other folder on THIS card - very different.) After many years of not having any embossing folders I am really enjoying using them in all sorts of ways :) Anyway, I embossed this vine image onto a snippet of white card that had been cut with an oval die. Once it had been embossed, I trimmed it into a label using a square die. This did flatten the embossing a little but I'm fine with that.
 

I used a blender pen and inks to colour the vine image and added a beautiful sentiment from Perfect Timing by Reverse Confetti. To add a bit of dimension, I stamped two flowers from Uniko's Background Blocks, Layered Modern Floral, and fussy cut them, glueing them to the centre of each of the vines. To finish, I attached the label to a card base and embellished the centre of the large flowers with enamel dots.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Shopping Our Stash where I was bowled over by the gorgeous jewel tones in the inspiration photo and couldn't wait to use all the colours! I'm also joining in at Allsorts where Dena's optional theme is Embossing, wet or dry; also Can You Handle the Pressure where EFs must be used and where there is an optional theme of Vines/Greenery; It's a CAS week at Just Us Girls and Nancy wants to see us Just Use the Centre of a Card, so I'm playing along there too.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
So November has suddenly happened when only two minutes ago it was March, I'm sure of it! I almost daren't look in my Christmas card stash box because I'm pretty sure it doesn't have anywhere near enough cards in it. I'm going to have to put my thinking cap on and come up with some amazing designs which can be made up in batches in mere minutes... watch this space!!

Sending hugs,

13 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Vicky I love the flower display and sentiment a super make thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cheerful card. Yes, November is suddenly upon us - and it’s whipped up some winter gales too! Happy hygge hugs!!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elegance on display again Vicky and a pretty colour palette, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    Hope your new girl is settling OK. We had another sad loss this week, Ben the Welsh Cob.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are an inspiration Vicky, I would never have thought to use my embossing folders like this. Beautiful layout colours and sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful CAS card, a very clever way to use your embossing folder. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. CAS perfection and what a beautiful sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful Vic! LOVE IT! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Can You Handle the Pressure challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely and beautiful verse and card, love your colouring with the embossing Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aahhh...Your card is so sweet, pretty, colorful and a CAS beauty, my friend. I am so impressed how you were cleverly able to use ALL the colors in the challenge.. TFS.......I just spent a week+ creating 43 Poinsettia Washi Tape, etc Christmas cards...now I have 50 cards in my stash..much better..10 to go..easy peasy:-) I posted one card on my GO7 Stenciling over Heat EB technique...hope you can play along:-) Love and Hugs...Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of this card. The clean and simple effect is so pretty and all the white makes the colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful sentiment and I love how you've wrapped it in those pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful reminder that we all need to hear from time to time!! Way to go shopping your stash!! Thanks for playing along with our fall color challenge. Your CAS card perfectly displays our color combo. Deb Horst, DT #SOS508

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)