Pages

Saturday 17 February 2024

A note about pansies

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I always feel so grateful to pansies as they carry us Brits through the dark, dismal winter months, providing much needed colour in window boxes, pots and garden borders. And then they carry on blooming among all the bulbs as they come out too. Today's card is a bit of a tribute to this humble flower!


My pansies come from an old favourite set, Pretty Pansies by Clearly Besotted. I wanted them to be a proper splashy pink so I stamped them on watercolour paper with Stazon ink and coloured them with my Arteza watercolour brush pens - which I'm just leaving out on my desk at this stage as I seem to use them every day! When the image was dry, I fussy cut it with some sharp paper snips.
 

As I wanted this to be a clean and simple card, I thought some subtle embossing on an angle would make a good background. I chose the stitched design of the two embossing folders in Stampin' Up's Little Details set and ran it through my Big Shot using a silicone mat to avoid harsh lines. The panel was trimmed to size with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle.
 

I spent a while looking for the right sentiment and finally landed on this gorgeous curvy one from Scripted Sentiments by The Greetery, finished with an enamel dot to create a 'group of three' of the bright pink. The panel was mounted on dimensional strips and attached to a card base.

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Colourful Options where Pink is the inspiration colour; also Simply Clean and Simple, where it's Anything Goes with an optional theme of Pink; and Allsorts, where Dena has chosen Shades of Pink as her theme this week; from the inspiration list at Festive Friday, I chose, Pink White, Embossing and Supportive sentiment; and Linda's sketch at Freshly Made Sketches was my starting point for this card. I've flipped the sketch but that was only because I kept debossing the background instead of embossing so in the end I gave up and just turned the panel over!!
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
Remember that rhyme 
 
Rain, rain
Go away
Come again another day.

Well I'm past 'come again another day' I can tell you! It can go away and stay away as far as I'm concerned! On the plus side, I've still got some chocolate-dipped retrievers left from Valentines Day ;)
 

Yummy!

Sending hugs,

21 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky your card is a beauty I love Pansies they were one of my mum's favourites as well I bought some lovely ones a couple of weeks ago and planted them in pots at mums they are different colours but unfortunately not the gorgeous colour like yours on your card and I love any colour doggy even chocolate ones, lol, can I thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one very messy girl Vicky, looks sort of familiar though. A very pretty floral card, thanks so much for going pink with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty pansy card.
    Slightly grubby looking dog though! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous CAS card with beautifully colored pink winter pansies. They are such a cheerful hardy flower! The embossing really adds wonderful interest also, Vicky. Thank you so much for joining my pink challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Vicky, lovely image and I love the shape of the sentiment. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Pink option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely CAS card, well colored. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahahah love your "chocolate dipped retrievers" nearly as much as your beautiful pansies especially as they are not very common here in Greece and I came all over nostalgic looking at this beautiful card. Thank you so much for making me tear up thinking of home and also for playing along with our pink challenge at Colorful Options.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is lovely! Sweet flowers! Glad you joined us at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so elegant. I love the enamel dot as it brings you eye back down to the beautiful pansies. Great idea to do angled embossing too - must remember that. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.
    Love the chocolate dipped lab!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous card Vicky, love the enamel dot to emphasise the curved sentiment. Love it all. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pretty pansies! I wish all of the pesky rabbits didn't love to eat them every time I try planting them. :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a pretty card. I love the stitching detail on the embossing. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I also love pansies and horned violets and I always plant them in autumn, then they can take off straight away with the first warmer temperatures and bring color into the gray everyday life.
    And the rain can definitely stay away. Every day I have to restore the dogs to their original state in the shower. Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a really pretty card for our pink option at Allsorts this week. I'm with you on the rain staying away!! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pansies have such fun little faces and do add color through the winter and early spring! Love how you colored these and that diagonal embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so pretty. Pansies do bring a sense of uplifting. Thanks for playing along in the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card, Vicky! I love pansies too! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at Simply Clean & Simple Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Vicky, such a fabulous and feminine color combo. I love the textured in the background, too. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is such a pretty card, I love the subtle embossing. Thank you for linking up to the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)