Pages

Friday 16 February 2024

Get better with bright Crocuses

Hello, crafting friends!
 
The crocuses are out - yay! This means that actual spring is on its way! The mud is still here though... but let's focus on the crocuses shall we:
 

My neighbour has gone down with a horrible covidish cold, poor thing, so I thought I'd cheer her up with a card. The crocus image on this card is Uniko's Spring Botanicals Crocus, stamped three times on a watercolour card panel and coloured enthusiastically with my new Arteza watercolour brush pens. I really do need some practice to get the hang of these but I used such bright colours the recipient won't be able to look at it for long lol!
 

I added extra leaves and grass with just simple strokes of a couple of the green pens and scribbled in a sky with a couple of the blues on the damp card. When dry, the panel was trimmed with a stitched rectangle die from Heffy Doodle and matted on a white card panel that I coloured round the edges with a coordinating alcohol marker.
 

I finished with my favourite Get Well sentiment from Colorado Craft Co's Big and Bold Get Well and an enamel heart. Let's just hope the card doesn't give my neighbour a headache as well as well as her cold...!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up with Beautiful Blossoms (where I was thrilled to have my last card chosen as a Top Pick!) There's always a lovely mood board there to inspire us. I'm also joining in with Try it on Tuesday's Hearts and/or Flowers challenge.
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
The crocuses that inspired me have been planted at the entrance to the fields at the back of our house. Despite all the rain and the mud, and the fact that many excitable paws and trudging wellies pass that way...


... they're not holding up too badly!

Sending hugs,

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Spring colours and beautifully stamped and coloured crocus flowers sure to cheer your neighbour up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A stunning card and beautiful colouring Vicky. I'm sure it will cheer your neighbour up. We have Crocus up in a couple of pots, even daffodils that have come and practically gone after weeks of bright yellow, with more coming, thankfully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in awe of your work with stamps and colours Vicky these crocus are superb I was looking at ours this morning they have just started to come out and it makes your heart lift knowing that Spring is in the air, beautiful card I am sure it will make your neighbour feel better
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This beautiful get well card is sure to cheer the recipient up no end! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your neighbor will look at this beauty often and smile her way back to health! It's simply gorgeous and such a nice no-line stamping/coloring look!
    Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Beautiful Blossoms Challenge!
    xoxo, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our hearts and/or flowers challenge at Try it on Tuesday with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'm yet to see many crocuses around here yet, but hopefully soon xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card that I'm certain definitely cheered up your neighbor. Thanks for playing along at the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW absolutely stunning, I love your crocuses, so beautiful ...

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  10. The crocuses in our garden are not yet blooming as beautifully as in the meadow and on your card, but the flowers can already be seen. And this card would fit perfectly with the current challenge at DotMCC. Maybe you would like to play along. Gundi x
    DotMCC

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty - I saw some crocuses popping up today! Thanks for sharing on the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)