Pages

Thursday 15 February 2024

With love on your birthday

Hello, crafting friends!
 
We're halfway through our first challenge of the year at The Flower Challenge and I'm hoping to inspire you to join in! The theme this month is to add a heart to your floral card.
 
Hearts are not just for valentines of course - I've added a heart-shaped sentiment label to this birthday card:
 

The background was made using The Greetery's Print Shop Floral Frame, which incorporates stenciling and stamping. I went a bit mad and extended my frame to reach the edges of the whole card front! I sponged a bit of blue ink round the edges of the design and then masked the centre off with a die cut heart and sponged more blue ink round that too.
 
 
I cut an extra heart and stamped it with a sentiment from Altenew's Birthday Greeting, then cut another heart and stacked them together for extra dimension. This was offset over the masked heart in the centre of the card front and some clear gems added for a bit of sparkle.

Okay, so now it's your turn! Do hop over to the The Flower Challenge blog where my team mates have made some spectacular cards to inspire you. When you're ready to share your own floral creation with us, you'll find the Linky Tool at the bottom of the post. You have until 25th to join in - have fun!

CHALLENGES
I was inspired by AAA birthday where the team would like to see our birthday cards feature a heart; I'm also linking up with the Stencil Fun Challenge which has an optional theme of Love/Hearts; Hearts are Mervi's optional theme at Allsorts and it's the word prompt at Inkspirational so I'm also joining in with those challenges. 
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
My eldest son popped round to visit the other day and presented me with a large bag of chilli crinkle crisps. It is true that I'm a fiend for hot, spicy foods and I received the gift with becoming pleasure and gratitude. My son then told me cheerfully that he'd bought them for himself but that he'd just remembered that I liked them! Men really are a different species aren't they? Or 'specie' as my other son would say!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. A beautiful colour combo and design,the heart perfect for the birthday sentiment

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super card Vicky, the background is just beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week using the Hearts option.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWza! This is stunning...a true work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very pretty Vicky and like the stamping being extended to the edges of the base card instead of a mat beneath, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful floral card with the heart focal point. Lovely. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just beautiful! Your heart is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers extended to the edge are just perfect, a fabulous card with a lovely heartfelt message. Yep! Men are definitely a different specie? With 4 brothers and many more men in the family, I know it too well hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky this is incredibly beautiful I love the stamps you have used and how you have used them also the amazing colours it is such a joy to see such wonderful works of art can I also thank you for joining us at Allsorts
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A gorgeous stenciled floral card!! Love the use of the heart for the sThank you for joining our challenge at Stencil Fun!
    Diane SF Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Stencil Fun}entiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous background for this heart shaped sentiment, Vicky! What a gorgeous birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah Vicky, I share your love of spicy food and also would have been delighted to receive those crisps! I also love your beautifully stenciled floral background - the blue ink blending was a wonderful touch. Such a gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those flowers seem to be swirling around your heart, Vicky. What a beautiful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful stencilled background Vicky; I love the colours you've used. The heart sentiment looks lovely too. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Birthday challenge this month. Hugs, Denise, DT x x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)