Pages

Tuesday 13 February 2024

Roses are red

Hello, crafting friends!
 
With Valentine's Day on the horizon I thought it was time to get into the spirit of romance, and what better way than a bouquet of red roses and a wedding or ruby wedding anniversary card!
 

I'm having a wonderful time using my new goodies in the Craft Square Metre! The background of this card was made with The Greetery's Ribbon Maker Large Scallop die. I had seen the DT use the die in this way and fell in love with the look! The card is a lovely suede look cream card that I've had for years (and sadly have very little left.) I cut the scalloped pieces and glued them onto copier paper before trimming to size.


The other new item I'm using is my new Arteza brush pens and oh! I have fallen head over heels with these too! I used them with a water brush to colour these roses from a favourite older set: Modern Roses from WPlus9. I've also found a proper white watercolour paper at Crafters Companion and it's superb.
 
While waiting for the roses and leaves to dry, I stamped a sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks, and snipped it out. Everything was then arranged on the background and glued in place, then the background was attached to a card base.
 
CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at We love Stamping where Hilary has chosen the optional theme of Romance; At the Alphabet Challenge, W is for Weddings so I'm joining in there too., as well as at Try it on Tuesday  where the theme is Hearts and/or Flowers. The background die and the watercolour brush pens are brand spanking new so I'm also off to Darnell's NBUS Challenge to play :)
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
I'm afraid I can't stay to chat today as I have two chocolate labs to deal with. Someone seems to have swapped my golden girls for them... thank goodness for my kind neighbour giving me those extra dog towels!!

Sending hugs,

15 comments:

  1. Your beautifully coloured roses sit perfectly on the lacy background Vicky,definitely a keepsake card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky, oh my goodness, what beauty! Your cream suede on the white paper is a striking backdrop to those gorgeous roses, beautifully colored with your new brush pens. Have fun with the labs-chocolate for Valentines Day, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roses certainly have a lovely romantic feel to them Vicky, a beautiful card, many thanks for sharing at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, and subtle background you have given you stunning roses, Vicky - an exquisite card
    Thank you for sharing this with is at We Love Stamping this month, and using the theme
    Blessings
    Maxine WLS DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A stunning card with beautifully coloured roses and a terrific background.

    Chocolate labs? Well it IS Valentine’s Day after all!!!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Vicky this is so very beautiful the image and your colouring is top notch an awesome card thank you for joining us at We Love Stamping
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, so classy with the beautiful water coloured roses and those gorgeous cream lace borders!
    Thanks so much for joining us at We Love Stamping!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous roses and such a romantic background! Happy Valentine's Day, Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The background design also makes your card look very romantic. Gundi x

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very beautiful Vicky, I love the cream and white with the gorgeous roses. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is so very pretty. Thanks for joining my theme at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very romantic card. Thanks for sharing with us at Alphabet Challenges. I look forward to you visiting us again. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! Such beautiful roses! Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)