Pages

Saturday 10 February 2024

One layer sprigs and splatters

Hello, crafting friends!
 
When I get Christmas or birthday money, I immediately run my inner eye over all the craft items I could treat myself to! How about you? This year, after Christmas, I splurged on a some of my favourite stamps and dies from The Greetery (Seven Hills Crafts is the exclusive Greetery retailer in the UK. You're welcome!) Fleur Impressions was one of the stamp sets:


The set contains beautifully drawn roses and other flowers which feel beautifully romantic when used in clusters together. But when I was having a play the other day, I came up with a design using just one of the flower sprigs. I stamped the design from the bottom, filling in either side, and leaving a space for a birthday sentiment.
 

To make the flower sprig you stamp the stalk and leaf image, then you stamp the flowers, then finish with a detail stamp  - and everything is really easy to line up.
 

The sentiment is a favourite from Clearly Besotted which fit perfectly in the space. I used a waterbased marker to add yellow centres to the flowers and splattered some matching ink for some extra movement.

CHALLENGES
Beautiful Blossoms has a lovely blue floral mood board and I'm linking up there, and also at their birthday celebration post - congratulations on your first birthday ladies! Glenda's Topping at Seize the Birthday this month is Splatters so lots of fun to be had there too! The stamp set I used is Never Before Used Schtuff so I'm joining in at Darnells NBUS challenge. I'm also playing along with the Anything Goes option at Allsorts this week.
 

AND IN OTHER NEWS
My neighbour has been having a clear out and hesitantly asked me if I needed any dog towels. I think she was a little taken aback by the enthusiasm of my reply! But it has rained for the last day and a half and that's all it took for the countryside to flood again. One day I'll come in and try to take my wellies off, only to find that they are welded onto my legs!! The girls are not complaining of course...

 
... the fun Water World play park is back - YAY!!

Sending hugs,

20 comments:

  1. What fabulous messy play, that's just how our orchard has looked this week so you can imagine sixteen messy paws.

    I am going to look at the stamps you mention as you share some lovely creation using them, this one no exception. Many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - I love blue and I love flowers . . . so this card really works for me!

    Aww - just look at the Golden Girls having fun in the flood water. How kind of your neighbour to help you out with old towels! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Vicky this is so beautiful the colours you have used is so vibrant excellent card
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an attractive card you have made with these flower stamps. I love the color blue that you chose for the flowers. Good for you that you tried out toppings of spaltter. Great Job! Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The beautiful flowers remind me of forget me nots, a fabulous card Vicky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, love the colours, and great pic of the water babes xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So refreshing is this card with the blue flowers on the front. The shading makes them look so real and beautiful. I am so glad that you entered in the challenge at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A gorgeous floral card, looks as though the pups are joyously smiling to play in the water!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Beautiful Blossoms!
    Diane BB DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Beautiful Blossoms}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous blue flowers, Vicky! I love how you've arranged these sweet flowers and tucked the sentiment in!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A gorgeous CAS design, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous and beautiful card!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks really pretty. I really like you flowers art work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning card, Vicky xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't believe where time has gone and how much of your gorgeous work I've missed. This is stunning Vicky, I love the blue and the lovely design. With as much rain as we have been having, I can quite understand the "yes" to the towels.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So dainty and pretty, love your stamped design and layered stamping!
    Thank you so much for entering this beauty in our Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    XOX, Aimeslee DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful Vicky ... I love your blue flowers.

    Hugs
    Anke

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just beautiful and I like the way how you created the card!!!
    And if your neighbor still has towels, I'll take some too... *LOL*

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a pretty card, Vicky! It certainly caught my attention in the gallery! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday! I hope you will come back again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such beautiful and rich colours! Your bright and cheerful splatters are the perfect accent. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)