Pages

Tuesday 27 February 2024

Good news and One for the stash!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
As the 25th of the month approached, I thought of how I used to always make a Christmas card thanks to the encouragement of the Rudolph Days challenge. We all thought it would have to close as Maureen, who ran it brilliantly for years, was unable to continue, but today I discovered that the amazing Helen has taken over the reins of the sleigh. Hurrah! Do spread the word won't you, follow the Rudolph Days blog and share the challenge badge. And come and join in - you have until the last day of the month to link up and it's Anything Christmas Goes!
 

I was a bit short on time but I found a little topper I made last year with Altenew's Clasic Pine Cones embossing folder, coloured with inks and daubers and trimmed with a Crimped Frame die from the Greetery. I had added lots of 'snow' with my trusty Posca white acrylic paint pen. To show it off, I made a Faux Book Binding card using three washi tapes that coordinated with my topper.
 
 
To finish, I added a banner-style sentiment from Uniko's Simply Said Blocks Christmas using a couple of tiny staples, and added two enamel dots for berries.
 
And there we go - back on track with my festive stash for the end of the year! Thanks Helen!

CHALLENGES
I'm linking this card up at Rudolph Days but have also been inspired by these challenges: Christmas Craft Creations where the challenge is to use Stencils or Embossing Folders; Christmas Kickstart where the theme is Out on a Limb (things you might find on a Christmas tree!); and Addicted to Stamps and More where the theme this time is Christmas.


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I found a new walk yesterday. Normally there's livestock in these fields, so I've avoided them, but there hasn't been anything for ages and the grass is not under water and is clean and dry... my heart sang I can tell you! However, it is with deep regret that I must tell you that golden retrievers are equipped with a special inner mud divining device and, as we frolicked along, both of the Beige Beasts discovered exciting ditches and puddles and turned into Mud Monsters. They did redeem themselves though... there was a cattle trough in the last field as we returned and the pups discovered that it was full to the brim with water from all the recent rain. Lulu mistook it for a spa bath to rinse off her mud masque and jumped in for a full immersion; I was quite firm in encouraging Eva to follow suit!!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. Love this Vicky, beautiful texture and design. I did laugh about the dogs in the cattle trough, a good bath for them making it easier for you :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful winter foliage and card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky I think it's brilliant news that Helen has saved a challenge that would otherwise have disappeared forever, I will definitely be joining in I love your wonderful detail on your card the Washi tape looks fab I am always looking out for some inspiration on how to use it I have quite a few rolls unused but yours looks spot on as for the Pine Cones they are gorgeous love the detail they really look top notch, your girls sound like they had such fun in the fields, lolo.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is just gorgeous! What a great save of your embossed piece! And I would have loved to have seen those muddy pups!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Vicky you could write a book about your walks with the blonde bombshells your " in other news" always makes me smile. I love your pine cones they are so realistic and the washi tape is a clever and lovely touch.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Vicky, yes, it is good news about Rudolph Days! I love your card - it's gorgeous and beautifully coloured. Thanks for joining Gail and me at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a beauty Vicky. The red accents really are a lovely touch :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful! Your coloring is just right and the texture of the embossing makes it so good to hold in your hand. I get such a kick out of your Golden girls stories. I always marveled at how our Wally and LuLu would suddenly turn and run to a body of water that I didn't even realize was in the vicinity. The nose knows. Our Sophie is in the vet hospital right now, recovering from spay surgery. I feel her absence acutely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful image that makes a lovely Christmas card! Lucky for you there was a spa tub on the way home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Vicky, and how handy to find the dog spa đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚đŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear - more mud monsters - although they did their best to clean up!

    Lovely Rudolph Day card with the pretty panel and the side of Washi tape xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this design and so glad to learn of the holiday challenge. And now I need to get that Altenew folder--lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even though we're all eagerly awaiting spring, I'm really excited about your card. I love how alive the cones look in the light snowfall.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A very eye-catching card and so happy you had a good walk, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card - love how you used the washi tape.

    Thanks so much for supporting the Rudolph Days Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. How beautiful is this card, Vicky ! Love the design and the colours combo. These pine cones look so real. Beautiful colouring and lovely dimension. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a beautiful topper and I love crimped frame. The coloring is truly gorjuss! So glad you joined us at Christmas with the Cuties!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that panel is so eye-catching Vicky; the embossed detail adds so much texture in a small space and the pop of red is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)