Pages

Thursday 29 February 2024

Writing with love

Hello, crafting friends!
 
It's a Tic Tac Toe Challenge Thursday today and I can't wait to show you the board Betty has come up with to get your creative juices flowing! 
 

I was excited by the left hand column CAS/Foliage/Metallic which gave me the perfect opportunity to have a little play with some new goodies that arrived recently :)
 

My starting point was making the fountain pen using the Greetery's new Pen Pal die. I cut the barrel of the pen and the lid out of a glossy magazine cover (look at me recycling!) and the trims from gold mirror card. You can see how shiny the pen turned out in the photo below :) The designer paper, a snippet of an SU paper gifted to me by a lovely friend, coordinated beautifully with the pen. I glued it to a card base and trimmed the edges.
 

The 'with love' from the Greetery's Scripted Sentiments was stamped directly onto the paper and card base. The 'on your birthday' comes from the same set and was stamped and trimmed into a banner. The leaf is a favourite stencil from Uniko, Natures Treasures, and was inked with a couple of shades of green ink. After assembling the card, I added a couple of green enamel dots to pull everything together.
 
Right, so now it's your turn! Here's how to play: First, hop over to the Tic Tac Toe challenge blog and check out the amazing inspiration from my team mates; Second, choose a row, column or diagonal and create a card using the suggestions; Third, use the Linky Tool at the bottom of the challenge post to link your creation with us. We can't wait to see what you make!

CHALLENGES
The Pen Pal die and the Scripted Sentiments were new so I'm sharing this card at Darnell's NBUS Challenge where we show off our Never Before Used Schtuff; I used a stencil so will link up at the Stencil Fun Challenge; Simply Clean and Simple wants to see CAS cards and their optional theme is Pink so I'm joining in there; and AAA Cards are looking for CAS cards with an optional twist of Birthday so I'm joining in there too!


AND IN OTHER NEWS
I can reveal that I am officially fed up with winter now. No matter how many pink cards I make, life is just:
 

Please send sunshine and lollipops!
 
Sending hugs,

14 comments:

  1. It is all about that gorgeous pen! I love it - especially with the gold trim! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, our winter's all but gone here on the Texas gulf coast. Allergy season's in full swing now. Love your pen card, really pretty. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous pen Vicky,I can think of several occasions it would be perfect for

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the shocking pink, ☀️and that pen, oh my goodness☀️, fabulous layout☀️, you are soooo ☀️good at combining elements☀️, I love it! ☀️. Sunshine sent, what sort of lollipops?😂🤪☀️xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've emailed you some Spring sunshine!
    LOVE this pretty card and the way you made the pen with additional gold. SO pretty.

    ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️ ☀️☀️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, classy card Vicky that is one special fountain pen and with the clever placement of the sentiment it looks like the sentiment was actually penned brilliant work
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vicky that pen is amazing but the composition of all the elements to create your scene is even more amazing, what a fab CAS card. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Using a magazine cover for the pen was a brilliant idea, Vicky! And I love the lovely script of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, a really stunning card!!!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vic this is just AWESOME! What a clever idea and yes, look at you recycling (very clever!!). The touch of stenciled greenery is perfect (another clever idea!). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our STENCIL FUN & Simply Clean & Simple challenges! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth,Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B, Word Power

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just so stylish, Vicky! I know what you mean about the weather - we've just been enjoying some sleet here, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card. I'm fed up with the winter too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a gorgeous pen, I love how you used it with the beautiful sentiment font and the lovely paper, absolutely fabulous card Vicky. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the detail of that pen - paired with the swirl of the sentiment it makes for a fabulous focal point. Beautiful! I too am properly fed up with winter - be gone, cold and grey days!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)