Pages

Sunday 3 March 2024

Reddy for spring!

Hello, crafting friends!
 
I am currently filling the house with bright spring flowers in an effort to pretend winter is over. It helps! Potted hyacinths and daffodils are filling the rooms with their fresh scent and I have vases of tulips too. Which brings me to today's card:
 

How amazing are these tulip dies from the Greetery?!
 

I cut them from watercolour paper and coloured them with my Arteza watercolour brush pens. 
 

To display my tulips, I stamped a red gingham panel using a Kaisercraft stamp, drew some stems using one of the Arteza pens and positioned the flowers and leaves. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I glued everything in place and finished with a pretty birthday greeting from the Greetery's Arched Sentiments, stamped and die cut.

CHALLENGES
I used Jen B's fabulous sketch at Freshly Made Sketches to create this card. I flipped the sketch - I hope you can see how I used it! I'm also joining in with Seize the Birthday where JoAnn's Topping is Use Red as the Main Color; Lorraine has chose Spring as her optional theme at Allsorts and I'm sending my tulips along there; I've not used my Tulips die before so will take it for an airing at Darnell's NBUS Challenge where it's all about Never Before Used Schtuff!
 
 
AND IN OTHER NEWS
I am more than ready for spring I can tell you! Here's a rare sighting of the Blonde Bombshells in all their pristine fluffiness:
 

Needless to say, this photo was taken at the beginning of our walk. See all that mud behind them? A few frolics later and that mud will transfer itself to my girls and they will turn into a pair of Grubs! Luckily there is a clean stream at the end of this walk so we will swap muddiness for sogginess!

Sending hugs,

19 comments:

  1. Wow Vicky this is yet another beautiful creation I was quite surprised when I read you had stamped that gingham I have never seen that sort of stamp before but then it bought to mind some of the stamps that I got many years ago that do the same thing so many thanks for the inspiration, I love the colour you chose to use for the Tulips the stems look fabulous so does that sentiment a top notch card and thank you so much for joining us at Allsorts, loving your clean looking girls but either way dirty or clean they are beautiful.
    hugs
    lolo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tulips and layout Vicky,the girls look fantastic

    ReplyDelete
  3. That certainly is a beautiful tulip card. Lovely dies and a great chequered stamp at the bottom.

    Lovely pic of the Golden Girls xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes the Greetery die is nice but better from your coloring! Now, I feel like I'm today years old as they say. I have had that Kaisercraft gingham stamp for ages and am always afraid to use it thinking I have to repeat the pattern for a background and not match them up perfect. BUT now you've gone and shown me a better simpler way to use it and I thank you. If I only knew which brand of red ink you have used. I hord my Memento Rhubarb Stalk as it's the only red I have that is deep and not orange-ish or pink-ish. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. A delightful Spring card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many thanks for sharing this lovely Spring themed card in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Tulips, love that fully opened one--I agree The Greetery has some fabulous dies--so realistic! This is a beautiful card design. Love it! Happy Spring (almost!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have created such lovely flowers - and so pretty with the classic gingham and the beautiful sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO very beautiful, you've made the tulips come alive. Love your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Have I said before that when I die, I want to come back as one of your dogs, Vicky? Well, it's true! Plus, I can watch you make your stunning cards! These tulips are fantastic, especially that open one; it's a treat to see a new angle from the usual drawing of tulips. And they nearly glow with the use of red! Enjoy your blooms in the house and thank you for inspiring everyone to use their NBUS! I'm also pinning this to my I.D.E.A.S. Broad. Hmm, perhaps pinning it to my board might be more appropriate.đŸ¤£Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those tulips are so pretty! I love the red! They pair so nicely with the red gingham paper! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are truly beautiful tulips, but I do suspect it's your watercoloring that takes them to the level of stunning. I love that stamped gingham border, too. Your girls are so beautiful. I expect Sophie will be similarly colored when mature. She's not even allowed to go on a leash walk for a few days yet. I do hide tiny treats around the house, play hide and seek, and she has puzzle games. She helps carry groceries from the front door to the kitchen, helps take clothing items to the laundry room. She enjoys her chores. We do a gentle tug of war with every toy she brings to me. Still, nothing can replace the zoomies, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Those tulips are absolutely wonderful! Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful red tulips, Vicky! I saw some yellow tulips that had bloomed nearby. So pretty but I think the red ones are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful red tulips. Your coloring is great. I love the red gingham stamped across the bottom also. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    JoAnn B., STB DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a happy and pretty card and I bet your house looks lovely with all the flowers. As for your pups, I can imagine they get lots of baths. They are such pretty dogs. Thanks for using our Topping and for joining us at Seize the Birthday! Always a pleasure to pop by your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful tulips! Spring is a comin :) - Thanks for joining in at STB
    ps - YOUR DOGS!! Stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the detail of those bold tulips and doesn't everything look fab with gingham?! Beautifully scripted sentiment too. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to know what you think. Do leave me a comment - it always makes my day! Vicky x


(In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) you comment in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.)